Lama2004 is offline New Member

Cardio Question.

Hello everyone,

I would just like to know how many times a week I should perform Cardio to loose weight? My body type in a mesomorph, Im 18 years old, and trying to loose weight. I'am at 14% bodyfat right now, I weigh 173 lbs, and want to get down to 7-8% bodyfat. I currently lift weights at 45 to an hour per session, and perform cardio 3-4 times a week. I think I need to do more cardio, but I'am not sure if it would be a good idea because maybe my body will consume more muscle for energy then fat...which worries me. Oh yea, my diet regimen is 230-245 grams of protein, and carbs are at 100-110 grams a day. I really want to loose fat fast and I want to make sure I do everything right in doing that. Any advice is appreciated.

ImmmtheIceman is offline Senior Member
    cardio is best on an empty stomach 30-45min first thing in the morning. do that a few times a week and you should be good. your too young to consider juice so i hope thats out of the question

Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet
    Quote Originally Posted by ImmmtheIceman
    cardio is best on an empty stomach 30-45min first thing in the morning. do that a few times a week and you should be good. your too young to consider juice so i hope thats out of the question
    You can even extend it longer(up to an hour...)...if you wish. if your heart rate remains in the 65%-75% range..

Lama2004 is offline New Member
    So if I were to consider doing cardio in the morning, would it reduce the performance of my evening workouts? Also, I read somewhere that its highly catabolic to do it in the morning, should I consume a protein shake before I go perform the cardio session in the morning?

ImmmtheIceman is offline Senior Member
    No it would be more beneficial to do it in the morning and lift in the evening if you can. It will hinder your workouts if you do it immediately before your lifting session, but not when there is time to recooperate in between.

Thread Information