ctemkg is offline New Member

Smile Workout Schedule Question

Hi all. I am a newbie here. At 42, 6' 1", 150 lbs, just started semi HRT with 2 IU HGH 5 days with 2 days off, 300mg Test each week. My goals are not to get to get huge, but I could use an additional 15-20 lbs of quality muscle. I am tall and thin and could bulk up a bit. I am taking the low dose route becuase it has a lower risk of side effects and is monitored kindof by a doctor.

I would like some advice on exercises and how often I should be working a specific muscle so I do not over train. I have not experience with free weights and do not want to do things wrong. I joined the local gym and there are allot of guys there that look like they hove no idea of what they are doing. The staff there is nice and I would ask for training, but the trainers are all pretty thin and I would rather learn from someone who has a good deal of muscle mass since muscle is what I want to build. I want to be sure if someone is training me that i learn the right things.

So for now, I am just using the machines. I am working out hard, pushing heavy weight for 8-10 reps. I currently am going to the gym M, W, F and am dong the same exercises each day. At this point, I think I may be over working the muscles. Its been two weeks on this HRT program and I do not see much of any growth. I did gain 1 1/2 lbs and my muscles are better toned, but that is about it. I am not larger and I have not more sex drive that everyone said I would get.

Any advice is welcome as to what I should be working out and how often. Right now, I am concentrating on:
    Arms: Biceps, Tris
    Back: Lats (Rotary pull down), Main Back (rotary rows)
    Chest: Rotary chest, Butterfly
    Abs: crunch machine with weights
    Legs: Seated leg press, Leg extension, leg curls

I am working all of these each time for two sets of about 8-10 reps at heavy weight. I also increased by calorie intake by a bout 1000 calories a day and protien by about 100 a day with powders.

Thanks for your advice on this.

Hugh-Hefner's-Son is offline Associate Member

+

Hmm, 300mg of test a week , what type of test, thats way too low IMO
    You say this is your first cycle, you should have had a LOT more exposure to the gym / lifting so you could get a better idea of what your doing.

Def. don't train every bodypart in identical workouts three times a week.

Google AST-Sports Science and check out their MAx OT training rounties, these would be a better approach and provide some much needed knowledge for you.

Remember, when your on AS you need to train heavier , more intensly, and more frequentely....simpily because you can and must

decadbal is offline Banned
    its al been said

Red Barons advice seems perfect, however you say you have no experience with free weights? If thats the case I'd hit up the gym naturally for a while until you really know what your doing. If youve never used free weights before, I think its a waste and mistake to use anything now. You even said your goal is not to get huge. Just spend your time learning how to lift and eat before you start gearing up.

spkmania is offline Associate Member
    why would you do gh and test if you have no experience working out?

ctemkg is offline New Member

Smile

Thanks all for your advice here. I may have not been clear that I do not have experience with free weights, but have been working out at the gym using the machines for a few years. The GH and Test that I am taking is to restore levels that are lost as we age. I am in my 40s now and I can tell the difference from 10-20 years ago.

Since I am working out, I would like to maximize the effect of the GH and Test, even though it is a low dose. RedBaron seems to understand the situation right. Thanks for the good comments.

A question on reps and sets:
    RedBaron said: For all of your reps I would shoot for 7-10 after your warmup set.
    How many sets of each exercise do you think I should be doing? I have read that two sets are good and read that 5 sets are good. I am pushing towards 7-10 reps of a heavy weight for each set.

I do like the workout schedule that RedBaron mentioned:
    M- Back (lat pulldowns to the front, rows, dumbell shrugs), biceps (curls of your choice)
    W - Chest (flat/incline press and flyes), shoulders(military press, lateral raises), triceps(dips, cable pushdown with v-bar attachment)
    F - Legs (leg press, leg extensions, leg curls)
    If I am doing so few exercises split over three days, do I get the same results if I combine these and just split them over two days? This way I would do half on Monday, and the other half on Thursday.

Thanks.

Thread Information