Legs
    abs

Fri
    Chest
    Tris

Sat/Sun
    OFF

Here's my questions:

On mon after I do back, my bis are so exausted that when I get to my bi exercises I can't train them with my fullest energy. Therefore they're not getting the workout they need.

The same thing with Friday workouts. After chest my tris are beat, so when I do my tri exercises I'm bushed.

My solution is to change my split like this:

Mon
    back/tris

Tues
    Shoulders/traps/neck

Weds
    OFF

Thurs
    Legs
    abs

Fri
    Chest
    bis

Sat/Sun
    OFF

Basically I'm switching when I do bis and tris. My theory is by doing back/tris, my tris won't be tired first because back exercises don't kill your tris.

The same with chest and bis. By the time I get done with my chest exercises my bis will still be fresh because chest exercises don't really fatigue your bis that bad.

Am I correct?

Will I see an improvement in my bis and tris by switching this way?

Elysium is offline Productive Member
    I always do Triceps on my chest day, do a good workout on chest then do tris after. Reason why is that when you do chest your tris are the secondary muscle alot which is used in chest exercises, so you might aswell do that one the same day.

I also to biceps and shoulders/neck on the same day.

Just some suggestions

brian11 is offline Member
    you want your biceps to be pre-exhausted after back. that pre-exhaustion allows you to break them down more. after doing a back workout you should only need 9 or 10 sets of biceps. you just need to get your mind right and attack them. also make sure you are doing the right exercises. hammer curls are great. also straight bar curls give your entire bicep a good workout. same principle applies to tris after working your chest.

its not like you cant progress with your proposed splits, its just a matter of what will give you the best results. experiment if you want, but i have a feeling you will end up back at chest/tris and back/bis.

Quote Originally Posted by brian11
    you want your biceps to be pre-exhausted after back. that pre-exhaustion allows you to break them down more. after doing a back workout you should only need 9 or 10 sets of biceps. you just need to get your mind right and attack them. also make sure you are doing the right exercises. hammer curls are great. also straight bar curls give your entire bicep a good workout. same principle applies to tris after working your chest.

its not like you cant progress with your proposed splits, its just a matter of what will give you the best results. experiment if you want, but i have a feeling you will end up back at chest/tris and back/bis.

good advice.

Thread Information