statuZ is offline Banned

Help Needed on bench immediately.

Guys i have had enough, i work my ass off everyday in the gym and when it coems time to do ****ing chest i just simply blow, its the weakest thing in my body i can do more on incline than i can do on flat, now what the **** is up with that, i hate flat bench i dont even feel it. I can only bench 195 on incline and today i couldnt even do 4 of 185 after 3 sets of incline. Anyone help please this is really getting to me.
    Last edited by statuZ; 08-30-2004 at 10:35 PM.

dukebrown is offline New Member
    Rotate your shoulders for a warm up, progressively work your way up in wieght with 3 warm up sets. Then Get a spotter and have him smack you. Get aggressive when you lift. The right attitude is often overlooked. And lift flat bench first. Remember with all lifts lift the bigest muscle or part of muscle then the smaller ones not the other way around.
    Doing incline first is like doing wrist curls before your back workout (doesnt make sense)

statuZ is offline Banned

hey man thx

Quote Originally Posted by dukebrown
    Rotate your shoulders for a warm up, progressively work your way up in wieght with 3 warm up sets. Then Get a spotter and have him smack you. Get aggressive when you lift. The right attitude is often overlooked. And lift flat bench first. Remember with all lifts lift the bigest muscle or part of muscle then the smaller ones not the other way around.
    Doing incline first is like doing wrist curls before your back workout (doesnt make sense)
    hey thanks for the suggestion bro, this is really getting me becuase everytime chest day rolls around i have a crappy chest workout and i get depressed really bad after (like i am now). if aynone has any suggestions please let me know becuase its literlaly killing me.

MMC78 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by statuZ
    Guys i have had enough, i work my ass off everyday in the gym and when it coems time to do ****ing chest i just simply blow, its the weakest thing in my body i can do more on incline than i can do on flat, now what the **** is up with that, i hate flat bench i dont even feel it. I can only bench 195 on incline and today i couldnt even do 4 of 185 after 3 sets of incline. Anyone help please this is really getting to me.
    Change your grip position. Try 2-3" narrower on each side, then wider. Work your triceps with close grip presses.

Quote Originally Posted by statuZ
    i hate flat bench i dont even feel it.

your not doing it right, never drop an excercise cuzz you dont like it.

builtthekid is offline Banned
    Yeah change your grip up and also do pushups and tricep extensions
    trust me youur bench will get better.

statuZ is offline Banned
    /bump anyone? jeezus mayb eim not getting enough protien, can that be it?

chances is offline Associate Member
    You can try pre-exhaustion with flyes or dips. Also, when you're lying on the bench, try to pinch your shoulder blades together and push you're chest out, like full contraction phase of a cable row. This will put your chest more into play and take your front delts out of it.

When you're lifting, where do you get stuck? At the bottom, middle, or close to the top? You may have a weakness that you have to take care of before you can bench correctly.

Benching heavy weight is all about form and leverage. Guys with shorter arms are at a distinct advantage. Do you have long arms? Could be the problem as well. If you do, don't go all the way up. You want to get the stretch at the bottom, but going all the way up is a waste of energy. Go up until you can feel a good contraction, then go back down. This helped me a lot (I have long arms).

chance

Jantzen4k is offline Anabolic Nittany Lion
    check your PM's bro

statuZ is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by chances
    You can try pre-exhaustion with flyes or dips. Also, when you're lying on the bench, try to pinch your shoulder blades together and push you're chest out, like full contraction phase of a cable row. This will put your chest more into play and take your front delts out of it.

When you're lifting, where do you get stuck? At the bottom, middle, or close to the top? You may have a weakness that you have to take care of before you can bench correctly.

Benching heavy weight is all about form and leverage. Guys with shorter arms are at a distinct advantage. Do you have long arms? Could be the problem as well. If you do, don't go all the way up. You want to get the stretch at the bottom, but going all the way up is a waste of energy. Go up until you can feel a good contraction, then go back down. This helped me a lot (I have long arms).

chance
    i get stuck at the bottom of the press, and how would i define if my arms are long my middle finger can run all the way down to the middle of my thigh. thanks

Thread Information