se11 is offline Associate Member

More cardio or more ab exercises???

I can see my sixpack outline when I sit down, and when I stand up you can see where they would be if you look closley. My question is do I need more cardio or more working out my abs. I usually get about 2-3 days of cardio in a week and I workout my abs only once. Do I need more cardio or more ab workouts?

dukebrown is offline New Member
    You need cardio. You have to get a low BF% to have defined abs. Summer is almost over, unless you are trying to win some hard body contest at the club I say bulk up.

znak is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by se11
    I can see my sixpack outline when I sit down, and when I stand up you can see where they would be if you look closley. My question is do I need more cardio or more working out my abs. I usually get about 2-3 days of cardio in a week and I workout my abs only once. Do I need more cardio or more ab workouts?

abs= diet and cardio.

I work my abs once a week, plus, massive squats, deads and lunges with a belt help.

My body fat is probably about 10%.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Chemical King is offline Anabolic Member
    I try to do my abs about 2-3 times a wk then not at all the wk after because the abs heal a lot quicker than any other muscle in the body, but like that other dude said, u should go for bulking up now and if ur into steroids you should do a cycle to help u then do another one next march to cut you all ready for the summer -peace

ImmmtheIceman is offline Senior Member
    Its all about the cardio and diet brutha. IVe cut back on ab workouts dramatically, watched my diet, and did more cardio and my abs are in the best condition theyve ever been.

Vitor Ennnergy is offline Junior Member
    I used to have no abs.
    The way i got my abs to be one of the best im ny gym was:
    Train abs in a low rep (6-10) and heaviest strictly possible. ESPECIALLY WHEN ON JUICE!! DBOL really made my abs born.
    And Diet as much important as ab training.
    I never do cardio. (i know it is important for cardiovascular condition).

Soldier of Misfortune is offline Senior Member
    Theres also the little thing called diet. And when coupled with cardio and at least moderate ab work, youll see great results in a fairly short time.

Hugh-Hefner's-Son is offline Associate Member

+

Damm Vito you read my mind, does anyone else think that AS can help the abs muscles grow tremendously from intense and heavy training??

I mean if your cycle bulks your other muscles up , I am sure it can do the same for abs....

DBarcelo is offline Senior Member
    More cardio

SMYL_GR8 is offline Senior Member
    Well, the idea with abs is the same theory applied to calves and forearms. These are muscle groups with more slow-twitch fibers than other major muscles. So, training higher rep ranges targets these slower twitch muscles and therefore induce more growth in these groups as opposed to higher-weight, lower-rep training.

However having said that, I've trained abs light and heavy and def seen change with both. Training helps, but diet is the primary key.

Thread Information