radar1234 is offline Member

how much on seated db presses?

i can do 100s for 6/90s for 8/85s for 10.full extension touching the shoulders with the weight to a lockout.im 5'8 214(lost 3 pounds this month du to more cardio).
    i live in a small town and i cant really draw any comparison to anyone around my size.

Hypertrophy is offline Senior Member
    Thats good if you form is strict. You use weights and reps that are similiar to mine and I would consider that impressive. I have not seen anyone else in my gym on a campus of 20,000 do that with strict form.
    Congrats

MMC78 is offline Senior Member
    I stopped direct training for front delts 6 months ago. Before I stopped I was pressing 90's for 6 @ 5'7" 185lbs.

I think big front delts take away from the aesthetics of the arm and chest.

kboxer is offline Junior Member
    I go 6-2 , 230. I do 100's for 10 pretty strict. I do smith machine front press 300 for about 6 as my last set. I like to do dumbell last.

Prime is offline Naturally perfect
    i train front delts after chest, im also 5ft8 but about 184. I can press 30kgs for 8. Thats about 66lbs i guess. PB when training shoulders separatley 6 months ago was 37.5kgs for 7. Which is 82.5lbs.

Soldier of Misfortune is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypertrophy
    Thats good if you form is strict. You use weights and reps that are similiar to mine and I would consider that impressive. I have not seen anyone else in my gym on a campus of 20,000 do that with strict form.
    Congrats
    Hardly anyone on my campus does correct form for anything. All the time I see jerky movements, rolling of shoulders in shrugs, bar not touching chest or coming even near it for bench, using back on DB curls, its disgusting. Nice wieghts for your DB presses guys. I can only do 75's for 4 or 5 max.

BDTR is offline Retired
    150's if i do them before BB presses, but my shoulders are my strongest body part. I'll be ordering some 200 lbs dumbells soon for the gym, i think i might be able to press them once if i could get them up to my shoulders, which is quite possibly the hardest part of shoulder pressing.

Aboot is offline Banned
    I quit doing db press once I got to 130's, but as bdtr says the hardest part is actually getting them into position (thus why I quit doing them).

BDTR is offline Retired
    I wish i could claim a higher number, but my gyms only go to 150's. Once the 200's come (2 dollars a **** pound) ill push them up if someone can hand them to me at my shoulders. Until then im stuck with 12 rep sets which sucks.

Dally is offline The Dally Lama
    Quote Originally Posted by bdtr
    I wish i could claim a higher number, but my gyms only go to 150's. Once the 200's come (2 dollars a **** pound) ill push them up if someone can hand them to me at my shoulders. Until then im stuck with 12 rep sets which sucks.

I use to have some chains hanging from the ceiling in my house ... that would come exactly to shoulder height, I used to pick one up and put em in the chain then and press away... it worked good enough.

Prime is offline Naturally perfect
    Quote Originally Posted by bdtr
    Getting up the 150's alone must be a feat of strength. after i went above 35kgs i had my training partner kindly hand me one, id lift the other. How do you get em up. do you swing them or clean them from the floor then sit down?

Dally is offline The Dally Lama
    best way I found is to sit down put em one on your knee kick pull/push it up onto your shoulder and get the other from a hand off... half of your energy tho goes into that.

if you can, I highly recommend some leather or nylon straps from the roof or whatever that travel with them during the movement and dont get in your way... so as you can just drop em if you have too. I only had chains at the time.

kboxer is offline Junior Member
    Do you guys use 90 degree bench or 80. I have a fixed bench that is perfect 90 and I have to lower the weight of course with it.

BDTR is offline Retired
    Kick em up with my legs while seated.

Quote Originally Posted by Prime
    Getting up the 150's alone must be a feat of strength. after i went above 35kgs i had my training partner kindly hand me one, id lift the other. How do you get em up. do you swing them or clean them from the floor then sit down?

BDTR is offline Retired

Quote Originally Posted by kboxer
    Do you guys use 90 degree bench or 80. I have a fixed bench that is perfect 90 and I have to lower the weight of course with it.

Thread Information