Flexor is offline Banned

What makes conc. and preacher curls work?

The brachialis is meant to be most activated during static elbow flexion, has this got something to do with preacher and concentration curls working the brachialis? I don't see how...

Or is it the slight flexion of the shoulder over the preacher platform or the inner thigh that makes these two exercises good on the brachialis. Concentration curls just seem to pump my forearm, but I may be wrong.

What is best for the brachialis, cos I've got the others nailed, at the moment

MMC78 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Flexor
    The brachialis is meant to be most activated during static elbow flexion, has this got something to do with preacher and concentration curls working the brachialis? I don't see how...

Or is it the slight flexion of the shoulder over the preacher platform or the inner thigh that makes these two exercises good on the brachialis. Concentration curls just seem to pump my forearm, but I may be wrong.

What is best for the brachialis, cos I've got the others nailed, at the moment
    Basically, the brachialis is most active upon initiating elbow flexion. Preacher curls and concentration curls make sure that the bottom range of motion is very strict--without involving front delts.

Hammer curls and revers curls also work the brachialis.

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    Do hammer curls & Zotman curls. Also you can hit the brach's on the preacher bench using a straight bar & on the concentric contraction make sure you give your wrist a slight curl and on the negative stretch let the bar roll slightly on the palms.

Thread Information