Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    Neo36 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    2

    Cool Need a flatter chest and gotta get rid of stomach flab..

    Hey everyone. I've been lifting and doing situps since april and i've seen incredible results.. I'm really wanting my chest to be more toned up, tighter...I started doing pushups and am seeing results. Is there anything more i can do to tighten my chest up? tighter shirts look great on my arms but my chest still looks a little flabby. it's really frustrating.

    also, i can feel the abs ive been working so hard on but seeing them is another story. what can i do to eliminate that last bit of stomach flab?

    thanks!

    Quinton


  2. #2
    Mobsta is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    6
    are pushups all you do ? whats your chest routine look like ?

  3. #3
    brian11's Avatar
    brian11 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Under the gym
    Posts
    947
    lifting doesnt get you cut, diet and cardio do, period.

  4. #4
    znak's Avatar
    znak is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Back in from the Cold
    Posts
    1,996
    Quote Originally Posted by brian11
    lifting doesnt get you cut, diet and cardio do, period.

    There has got to be a sticky on this.

    6 pack = diet and cardio.

    Less fat, the more visable your muscles are in your chest, abs, legs, everywhere.

    To lose fat, you must take in less calories than you burn/use.

    To lose weight keep a journal of what you eat each day, then once you know how many calories you use each day, subtract 200-500 calories each day.

    Then continue doing what you are doing, food and exercise wise with your reduced caloric input.

    Viola, two-three months later... ABS.

    It really is that simple. Takes will-power and planning, but is very simple.

  5. #5
    builtthekid's Avatar
    builtthekid is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Hitting bitches
    Posts
    781
    If your just gonna do pushups change grip and put your hands in diff places.

  6. #6
    bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    usa
    Posts
    2,015
    Yes thats true cut is diet/cardio but there is nothing to cut if you have no muscle!! Lifting since April is equivalant to entering a Phd program and your taking typing class in 10th grade using one finger. No flame bro but you need much more time training. Your best gains usually will come early but then can taper off. Try cable crossovers with a great squezze to help those pecs flowing with blood. Good luck and keep up the training

  7. #7
    Neo36 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    2
    thanks everyone for the input. very helpful!!!

    Q

  8. #8
    brian11's Avatar
    brian11 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Under the gym
    Posts
    947
    Quote Originally Posted by bluethunder
    Yes thats true cut is diet/cardio but there is nothing to cut if you have no muscle!! Lifting since April is equivalant to entering a Phd program and your taking typing class in 10th grade using one finger. No flame bro but you need much more time training. Your best gains usually will come early but then can taper off. Try cable crossovers with a great squezze to help those pecs flowing with blood. Good luck and keep up the training
    True the more muscle the better its going to look. I would rather be big and ripped than small and ripped. Not to mention building muscle is key in losing fat because the more muscle your body has, the harder your body has to work to maintain it, therefore you burn more calories.

  9. #9
    Jock191's Avatar
    Jock191 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    184
    Quote Originally Posted by brian11
    lifting doesnt get you cut, diet and cardio do, period.

    MORE MUSCLE = LESS FAT
    Using aerobics as a method of burning fat is only fanning the fire. Muscle requires energy to sustain. Fat does not. Therefore, the best way to keep bodyfat in check is by having more muscle. And how do we do that? Lifting weights of course! Are you getting all of this? I am a personal trainer and I have many clients that dont do any carido AT ALL for there training. Now explain to me how I have guys that are 200lbs at 7 % bf then? seeing as how "lifting doesnt get you cut"...

  10. #10
    bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    usa
    Posts
    2,015
    Quote Originally Posted by Jock191
    MORE MUSCLE = LESS FAT
    Using aerobics as a method of burning fat is only fanning the fire. Muscle requires energy to sustain. Fat does not. Therefore, the best way to keep bodyfat in check is by having more muscle. And how do we do that? Lifting weights of course! Are you getting all of this? I am a personal trainer and I have many clients that dont do any carido AT ALL for there training. Now explain to me how I have guys that are 200lbs at 7 % bf then? seeing as how "lifting doesnt get you cut"...
    Agree with some of what you said but to answer your question about a 200lb at 7% (if that's true...) nothing was said about diet??

  11. #11
    SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    25,778
    Quote Originally Posted by Jock191
    MORE MUSCLE = LESS FAT
    Using aerobics as a method of burning fat is only fanning the fire. Muscle requires energy to sustain. Fat does not. Therefore, the best way to keep bodyfat in check is by having more muscle. And how do we do that? Lifting weights of course! Are you getting all of this? I am a personal trainer and I have many clients that dont do any carido AT ALL for there training. Now explain to me how I have guys that are 200lbs at 7 % bf then? seeing as how "lifting doesnt get you cut"...


    ~SC~

  12. #12
    craneboy's Avatar
    craneboy is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    nor*cal
    Posts
    1,540
    Quote Originally Posted by Jock191
    MORE MUSCLE = LESS FAT
    Using aerobics as a method of burning fat is only fanning the fire. Muscle requires energy to sustain. Fat does not. Therefore, the best way to keep bodyfat in check is by having more muscle. And how do we do that? Lifting weights of course! Are you getting all of this? I am a personal trainer and I have many clients that dont do any carido AT ALL for there training. Now explain to me how I have guys that are 200lbs at 7 % bf then? seeing as how "lifting doesnt get you cut"...
    i think its a combo of all 3 lifting, cardio and diet. iv'e been lifting all my life and steady for the last 5 years and even though im pretty big and strong and diet is kinda good im at 19% bf. until i get diet perfect and add regular cardio i will never have a 6 pack. so iv'e added cardio and im working on diet

  13. #13
    Jock191's Avatar
    Jock191 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    184
    Quote Originally Posted by bluethunder
    Agree with some of what you said but to answer your question about a 200lb at 7% (if that's true...) nothing was said about diet??

    Nothing was said about DNP either lol

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •