Neo36 is offline New Member

Cool Need a flatter chest and gotta get rid of stomach flab..

Hey everyone. I've been lifting and doing situps since april and i've seen incredible results.. I'm really wanting my chest to be more toned up, tighter...I started doing pushups and am seeing results. Is there anything more i can do to tighten my chest up? tighter shirts look great on my arms but my chest still looks a little flabby. it's really frustrating.

also, i can feel the abs ive been working so hard on but seeing them is another story. what can i do to eliminate that last bit of stomach flab?

thanks!

Quinton

Mobsta is offline New Member
    are pushups all you do ? whats your chest routine look like ?

brian11 is offline Member
    lifting doesnt get you cut, diet and cardio do, period.

znak is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brian11

There has got to be a sticky on this.

6 pack = diet and cardio.

Less fat, the more visable your muscles are in your chest, abs, legs, everywhere.

To lose fat, you must take in less calories than you burn/use.

To lose weight keep a journal of what you eat each day, then once you know how many calories you use each day, subtract 200-500 calories each day.

Then continue doing what you are doing, food and exercise wise with your reduced caloric input.

Viola, two-three months later... ABS.

It really is that simple. Takes will-power and planning, but is very simple.

builtthekid is offline Banned
    If your just gonna do pushups change grip and put your hands in diff places.

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    Yes thats true cut is diet/cardio but there is nothing to cut if you have no muscle!! Lifting since April is equivalant to entering a Phd program and your taking typing class in 10th grade using one finger. No flame bro but you need much more time training. Your best gains usually will come early but then can taper off. Try cable crossovers with a great squezze to help those pecs flowing with blood. Good luck and keep up the training

Neo36 is offline New Member
    thanks everyone for the input. very helpful!!!

Q

brian11 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bluethunder
    Yes thats true cut is diet/cardio but there is nothing to cut if you have no muscle!! Lifting since April is equivalant to entering a Phd program and your taking typing class in 10th grade using one finger. No flame bro but you need much more time training. Your best gains usually will come early but then can taper off. Try cable crossovers with a great squezze to help those pecs flowing with blood. Good luck and keep up the training
    True the more muscle the better its going to look. I would rather be big and ripped than small and ripped. Not to mention building muscle is key in losing fat because the more muscle your body has, the harder your body has to work to maintain it, therefore you burn more calories.

Jock191 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brian11

MORE MUSCLE = LESS FAT
    Using aerobics as a method of burning fat is only fanning the fire. Muscle requires energy to sustain. Fat does not. Therefore, the best way to keep bodyfat in check is by having more muscle. And how do we do that? Lifting weights of course! Are you getting all of this? I am a personal trainer and I have many clients that dont do any carido AT ALL for there training. Now explain to me how I have guys that are 200lbs at 7 % bf then? seeing as how "lifting doesnt get you cut"...

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jock191
    MORE MUSCLE = LESS FAT
    Using aerobics as a method of burning fat is only fanning the fire. Muscle requires energy to sustain. Fat does not. Therefore, the best way to keep bodyfat in check is by having more muscle. And how do we do that? Lifting weights of course! Are you getting all of this? I am a personal trainer and I have many clients that dont do any carido AT ALL for there training. Now explain to me how I have guys that are 200lbs at 7 % bf then? seeing as how "lifting doesnt get you cut"...
    Agree with some of what you said but to answer your question about a 200lb at 7% (if that's true...) nothing was said about diet??

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    MORE MUSCLE = LESS FAT

~SC~

craneboy is offline Senior Member
    MORE MUSCLE = LESS FAT
    i think its a combo of all 3 lifting, cardio and diet. iv'e been lifting all my life and steady for the last 5 years and even though im pretty big and strong and diet is kinda good im at 19% bf. until i get diet perfect and add regular cardio i will never have a 6 pack. so iv'e added cardio and im working on diet

Jock191 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bluethunder
    Agree with some of what you said but to answer your question about a 200lb at 7% (if that's true...) nothing was said about diet??

Nothing was said about DNP either lol

Thread Information