Headstrong_555 is offline Junior Member

Working Out After Surgery?

I am going in to have scar tissue taken from my shoulder in a couple of days. I guess the mass is pretty deep and they are going to need to put me under for the surgery. When I last spoke to my doc, he said I would not be able to lift for upwards to a month. I am thinking more like 2 weeks. My questions is, what can I do while healing aside from working out. I was thinking of just focusing on Abs, Calves Quads, Hams, and Cardio. If anyone has any suggestions or has been through this before please let me know.

Oh yeah and a word to any newbies who are just starting off in the world of anabolics. DO NOT USE 5/8 PINS IN YOUR SHOULDER. Unfortunately, I didnt know any better and thus I am stuck having the surgery in a few days.

mfenske is offline Member
    Well personally I made it a whole seven days before hitting the weights after surgery. Granted, I had surgery to remove a cancerous tumor along with my thyroid. I started really light and just went by feel. Keep the diet clean, don't push too hard, and I'd think that you'd probably heal faster. I say that because if you're like me it gets you down not being able to train. Good luck, speedy recovery. Mark

eshestun is offline Associate Member
    it depends on what type of surgery your having. i had my apendix(sp) removed and i couldn't lift for 3 months. my doc said 2 and i tried it and my balls started to hurt. just take it easy cause your body goes through a lot during surgery

Headstrong_555 is offline Junior Member
    I am having a lipoma (scar tissue) (buildup of dirty winny).......Regardless, I will go out of my mind if I cant train. The doc says I have to go under because it is pretty deep. I guess I will just see how it goes. I think he is more concerned with tearing the stiches rather than muscle damage. In 24hours I will just be coming out of surgery. Hopefully I will be straight. Thanks for the imput.

-=-Head-=-

Thread Information