S R H is offline Associate Member

Deads And Squats!! WHATS MY PROBLEM!?!

Ok... im really sick of this crap! Every back day and leg day is the worst time of my life!... I f.ucking go in and go to dealift and i can never get my form right..even though people say im doing it right it just hurts my lower back and i never get a good pump like when i do hyperextensions. Also When i squat... i can never go down far enough with good form and not hurting my back... I just dont have the balance no matter how hard i try. It really sux guys! I got in and try to correct my form so hard everytime, and im always doing the same weight or less to try to fix it and never feel like im even getting a workout. I know you need these too excersises cause they are crutial for your growth and i really dont know what to do.. Someone please help.. thx AlOooOooOT

BigMike J is offline Anabolic Member
    Have you tried hack squats?

Negative...

Iowa is offline Banned
    When I squat or deadlift, I always wear a pair of flat shoes. Mainly some cheap-ass low top Chuck Taylor canvas ones. Helps me a lot with my form. Give it a try. Im assuming you wear a belt also?

No i dont wear a belt...maybe thats why im hurting my back everytime?

Iowa is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BduBbz
    No i dont wear a belt...maybe thats why im hurting my back everytime?
    Id say thats PROBABLY it. I was wondering if you do deads and squats on the same day too. If you do, I would seriously reconsider doing deads first thing on back day and then waiting at least 2 days to do legs(or vice/versa). Id try this
    Mon-chest
    Tuesday-back/shoulders
    Wed-rest
    Thurs-arms
    Friday-legs

Be sure to get a good belt and use it for your deads and squats. When I warm up, I dont use a belt, I just use it on my working sets. Just my preference.

63190 is offline Anabolic Member
    What he says. I started doing deads on a platform. That lets me get the weights down lower. I usually start out with this on my back days (for me, Mon.). I do some serious 30-40 second holds on my back stretches and legs. Then I do a set of 12 deads with like 135 and then stretch again. I do two more warm up sets with a lil' more weight and less reps. Then I go uber heavy for 3-4 reps. Always use a belt on deads, always have. Always touch the toes after a set to avoid painful back pumps. Then I hit bent over rows on the platform. Then dumb bell rows. End with pull downs. Then I do bicep work. If you're tall like me, form is going to be really rough and very critical. Tall guys have to move the weight farther, so it's more stress full on the joints.

Thread Information