Thread: stretching

mcvays1 is offline Junior Member

stretching

I really need to increase my flexibility. I was just wondering how many days is it okay to stretch the same body parts. Can I do it 7 days a weeks? Also if Im bulking, is it hard on the muscles to stretch every day?

I stretch before and after every set

morfeuss is offline Junior Member

stretch

what i thing is that stretching will give to you more good than negative things.
    just stretch well 30 sec each muscle group AFTER workout. before workout its only brief stretching after warming up correctly.
    stretching will prevent injury and i heard it will aid in good circulation of blood/oxygen.
    also it would be good if you stretch well all the bodyparts you worked on on a day, no need to stretch the entire body.
    but if you are not used to stretch, start these slowly....in the begining do a 10 sec per muscle group after workout...then increase progresively each week.

The reason why I'm asking is because my legs have very bad flexibility, like I have trouble walking normally because my feet tend to want to walk on the toes. So would It be okay to stretch my legs everyday?

znak is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mcvays1
    The reason why I'm asking is because my legs have very bad flexibility, like I have trouble walking normally because my feet tend to want to walk on the toes. So would It be okay to stretch my legs everyday?
    I would not stretch them before working out on leg day. Stretching reduces strength.

Stretch afterwards and then any time you want.

Look at ballet dancers (especially Russian), excellent size, great strength, very flexible... they stretch everyday.

63190 is offline Anabolic Member
    OK dude. Here's what I learned in school. We learned to stretch the whole body every day in Weights and Conditioning class. We learned that like a balloon, if you want it to be filled with big air, you have to stretch it or it will tear. We also learned that a warm muscle stretches better than a cold one.

So on a leg day I would walk or jog at an incline just long enough to break a sweat. Usually 2-3 minutes for me. Then I would go stretch my quads, hams, groin, spinal twists, glutes, calves, ankles, shoulders, chest, back, biceps, triceps, and for arms. IN that order. Abs you can do on a ball or pratice a suplex against the wall. That works great if you have time. If pressed for time, just do the legs and lower back on your legs days. That worked great for me for years.

Of course, I wrestled in high school and am pretty flexible. I don't know about stetching reducing strength. It does reduce the chance for injury though. I'd still rather be a lil' weaker and less susceptical to injury. Rehabing an injury is bitch.

Hypertrophy is offline Senior Member
    Stretch as often as you want. Especially if you have a flexibilty issue, which you do!

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    See a physiotherapist or chiropractor bro. A postural fault (gait problems fall into this category) is not an immmediate problem but it will catch up with you in the future if you don't do something to correct the situation. Good luck and lets us know how it comes along.

Quote Originally Posted by mcvays1

Should I really see a doc? Im thinking maybe if I just stretch alot it will be okay, but what do I know.

Thread Information