mcvays1 is offline Junior Member

What can I work twice a week?

Do you guys work some muscle groups more than once a week and see bigger results? If so which ones?

Dally is offline The Dally Lama
    I do only because I seem to fully heal in three days ... four tops. So, in a seven day period yes I can work out any bodypart twice. I just look for a part thats not sore and hit the shat.

of course I keep my sets to a max of ten. Just balls to the wall on all and always go to failure.... at least I do and it works for me. Works for you? well, your gonna have to find out.

later man

Hypertrophy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dally
    of course I keep my sets to a max of ten.
    later man
    Your question depends on training volume. Ten sets, yes, you can probably work bodyparts at a higher frequency than 20 sets.

gio86 is offline Member
    it depends how you feel. i basicly feel mentaly and physicly capable of working out twise a week my muscles. BUT the one thing that kicks my ass the whole week is leg days. but as soon as my recuperation time on legs gets better. i will for sure hit it twise.
    like i said it depends how your body feels.

Dally is offline The Dally Lama
    from the immortal Lee Haney.

Stimulate DONT annialate!

No need for much more than one more rep of one more set of what it was that that you failed at last time.

jmo

"AUSSIEBLOKE" is offline Junior Member

Talking

Mate i only believe in working body part once a week except for legs which need to be worked more because they are much more used to the workload because we use them frequently in our daily routines. e.g i do :

Chest and bi's
    legs
    then back and tri's
    legs
    unless on the juice where your recovery is much more rapid enableing you to train more regularly

rember good technique = good growth
    be sure not to rush your movements and really concentrate on the muscle you are trying to target.

Shrad6 is offline Junior Member
    I do traps twice a week and they seem to be the best part of my body

brian11 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrad6
    I do traps twice a week and they seem to be the best part of my body
    its easier to look at things in terms of 2 weeks IMO. For instance

mon: chest/tris
    tues: back/bis
    wed: legs/shoulders
    thurs: off
    fri: off
    sat: chest/tris
    sun: back/bis

mon: legs/shoulders
    tues: off
    wed: off
    thurs: chest/tris
    fri: back/bis
    sat: Legs/shoulders
    sun: off

Looking at it like this you hit stuff more than once a week plus you insure that you are getting enough rest. Sometimes I will modify by having only one day off.

"AUSSIEBLOKE" is offline Junior Member
    What ever works best for a particular person everyone is different. But interesting

ImmmtheIceman is offline Senior Member
    I hear shoulders you can do twice a week no prob. (if your used to doing all other bodyparts once a week)

Jdawg50 is offline Anabolic Member
    Ab's calvs for sure imo

znak is offline Senior Member
    If I have done a good job (and I never know until the next day), I have done enough damage that it will take a week to recover. If have just changed something up and don't feel like I gave a body part the trashing it should get, I work it again when it feels recovered.

During winter, I do only basic compound exercises for a month or two (squat, bench, deadlift, military, weighted pull ups and weighted dips) and hit each group twice a week, but not really each body part. I do three exercises each time and mix and match depending how I feel in each muscle group. This is a great way to put on mass.

Natural Mac is offline Associate Member
    I work big willy a few times a week... but I don't think he's gettin' any bigger.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Yikes, to each his own, but legs are like the one bodypart that you really want to hit only ONCE per week w/the GH/Hormone release and time it takes to fully recover. Legs one day, then another bodypart the next day, then legs again that very next day??

No way.

~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIEBLOKE
    Mate i only believe in working body part once a week except for legs which need to be worked more because they are much more used to the workload because we use them frequently in our daily routines. e.g i do :

Chest and bi's
    legs
    then back and tri's
    legs
    unless on the juice where your recovery is much more rapid enableing you to train more regularly

rember good technique = good growth
    be sure not to rush your movements and really concentrate on the muscle you are trying to target.

bigol'legs is offline Quadzilla
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    Yikes, to each his own, but legs are like the one bodypart that you really want to hit only ONCE per week w/the GH/Hormone release and time it takes to fully recover. Legs one day, then another bodypart the next day, then legs again that very next day??

No way.

~SC~
    Thats how you get big legs.... isnt it?

Served is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mcvays1
    Do you guys work some muscle groups more than once a week and see bigger results? If so which ones?
    Depending on your diet, supplementation, and rest anything is possible. I work the majority of my main muscle groups twice a week. back, quads, hams etc...Da week points! And I tell ya, after I started doing this all of those muscle groups grew drastically.

mcvays1 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Served
    Depending on your diet, supplementation, and rest anything is possible. I work the majority of my main muscle groups twice a week. back, quads, hams etc...Da week points! And I tell ya, after I started doing this all of those muscle groups grew drastically.
    So this means I should devote 2 days a week to the majority of my muscles? I just want to know what most of you guys do. This is because I have noticed that when im bulking my bodyparts are only sore like 2-3 days then feel fine.

Also If I do something like this how should my routine, supplements, and diet differ?

anabolicwannabe is offline Associate Member
    not sore doesn't necessarily means it's fine to go. you still need rest to recover and let it grow. just what i feel.

Thread Information