needmorestrength is offline Anabolic Member

Help with shoulders

Hey guys.... I can't make my shoulders grow... Can I get some tips for a killer routine please.. Something that's gonna pound the snot out of them.. My shoulders have never been sore after training and they only have a slight pump on.. My current routine is Hammer Strength press, super setted with front raises.. Then wide upright rows with static hold side laterals.. then some cable excersises! any suggestions thanx

anyone?

biglouie250 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by needmorestrength
    Hey guys.... I can't make my shoulders grow... Can I get some tips for a killer routine please.. Something that's gonna pound the snot out of them.. My shoulders have never been sore after training and they only have a slight pump on.. My current routine is Hammer Strength press, super setted with front raises.. Then wide upright rows with static hold side laterals.. then some cable excersises! any suggestions thanx
    Get rid of the Hammer strength machine IMO. Id do something like this
    -Dumbell presses
    -wide grip Upright rows (this needs to be done at a heavier weight than close grip upright rows IMO)
    -dumbell side laterals
    -dumbell front laterals

rotate the lateral raise exercises every week to include a isolation movement for the rear deltoids and get rid of one of the others. IE: one week do front and sides, the next do sides and rear etc.....Your presses will add mass to all 3 heads of your delts but these isolation movements are key to that full shoulder look.

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    I somewhat agree with biglouie250 but would not completely stop the hammer machine but use it as a pre-exhaust purpose. Then go straight to the overhead barbell press (paramiding to full max weight, evan if its only 2-3 reps) using a bench 80-90 deg angle. Everyother workout you can switch to the smith machine if you have access to one. Finish with DB presses light-medium weight increase the reps. Good luck

hmm thanx guys.. not much good on the barbell for millitary press... Our bench is vertical at our sym :S dunno why.. so it is a lot of pressure on the shoulders to bring it back etc

Dally is offline The Dally Lama
    try some triple drop sets.

for eg

front raises standing straigh up

45s to fail no more than 15
    30s to fail no more than 15
    15s to fail no more than 15 ... mind you wont get 10 if you do this ....

bend over 45 degrees and raise to eye level in front of your face looking in the mirror back down to sides to eye level again.

then do sides same way without bend and rears

THATS IT.

I had to buy new shirts cause of those.

they get hard tho... so,

Jantzen4k is offline Anabolic Nittany Lion
    barbell press and dumbell press for mass, lateral raises and shoulder flyes for cut

Quote Originally Posted by Jantzen4k
    barbell press and dumbell press for mass, lateral raises and shoulder flyes for cut
    everyones different...

sometimes more reps = more stimulation

more stimulation = more growth.

heavy weight doesnt always stimulate past failure .. just nervous failure = no stimulation or growth.

this post = lots of =

Hypertrophy is offline Senior Member
    Compound movements activate more motor units. So I would start with 2 pressing compound movements (ex: seated military bar & standing DB presses) then move into your assistance exercises. All advice in these posts will probably prove beneficial, pre-exhaust, high reps, etc.

radar1234 is offline Member
    heavy presses.4-6 reps.longer rest periods.2-3 mins.my workout looks like this

db presses.4 sets.3-4 min rest.60s*20(warmup)90s*10,95s*8,100s*4,110s*2-3

db front raises.4 sets.2-3 min rest.35s*15,40s*12,45s*10,50s*6-8,(might grab the 25s and go to failure for burnout set)

barbell upright rows.4 sets.2-3 min rest.135*12,145*10,155*10,165*6-8.

db shrugs.2 sets.2 min rest.135s(heaviest in gym)till failure.

this might help."heavy equals mass".

Quote Originally Posted by Hypertrophy
    Compound movements activate more motor units. So I would start with 2 pressing compound movements (ex: seated military bar & standing DB presses) then move into your assistance exercises. All advice in these posts will probably prove beneficial, pre-exhaust, high reps, etc.

yah more motor units to assist in the movement ... not necessarily isolated to a degree that will stimulate more than a compound movement that is too heavy that makes the trainee fail before the intended motor unit fails.

thats why I suggest to blast the hell outta the fronts in one swift kick. But, then again like you said all will beneficial. But, your body will be the one to tell you what it is that works best for you.

ImmmtheIceman is offline Senior Member
    My shoulders dont ususally get sore, only on occasion. A sample workout looks like this....and when i say sample i mean for a given week because im always switching it up for variety:

DB Military presses 3 sets 10,8,4
    Cable front laterals 3 sets 10,8,4
    DB side laterals 3 sets 10,8,4
    Rear delt machine 3 sets 10,8,4
    upright rows 10,8,4

you can do shrugs for your traps, or do them with back...whichever you prefer

thanx for everyones suggestions.. I usually hit traps with back! Tonight I did wide grip rows.. i had a 45 each side for sets of 10 but f#$k they hurt my wrist like a mother.. any suggestions on that? other then that I had a good pump.. did 4 sets of dp press... then wide rows... then hammer strength.. then L-raises then some cables..
    thanx boyz

Thread Information