GeoQuadzilla is offline Senior Member

Am I the only one who...

Works out for an hour or less around here I see some guys saying they spend 2 hours or more in the gym... It wouldn't be me unless I was dieting and had to do cardio at some point. Other then that i'm usually in and out in 45mins to an hour. Does anyone else here feel that less is sometimes more when it comes to training?

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    45-1h 15min at the very most for me.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by GeoQuadzilla
    Works out for an hour or less around here I see some guys saying they spend 2 hours or more in the gym... It wouldn't be me unless I was dieting and had to do cardio at some point. Other then that i'm usually in and out in 45mins to an hour. Does anyone else here feel that less is sometimes more when it comes to training?
    Very true. I'm in/out in 45 minutes.

Same with sex!

~SC~

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    Very true. I'm in/out in 45 minutes.

Same with sex!

~SC~
    Sure that's not a typo there Swole and you ment to say 45 seconds for sex? hahahahaha

45 minuets to an hour for weight training and another 45 minutes for cardio is the norm for me. Although now and then I'll take longer lifting depending on the routine I'm using at the time.

singern is offline Banned
    30 minutes cardio
    45 minutes lifting

brian11 is offline Member
    I workout for about an hour.

But....

This is from the article that Barbi posted in the lounge about the guy who set the record for Bench Press.

Originally Posted by Commando_Barbi
    He works out five days a week at the Naval Air Station Joint Reserve Base New Orleans physical fitness center, including a three mile jog each morning and an average of two and one-half to three hours of lifting in the afternoons.

63190 is offline Anabolic Member
    I used to do a mile jog every day, but I got lazy. And People told me that I was doing to much cardio, so I cut it back to a mile jog once a week if at all. I walk a lot at work. But yeah, 2-3 hours is the norm for me and that includes whole body stretching for like almost half an hour.

SaTyR is offline Member
    If you are doing 4 exercices and for mass you should wait 2 minutes between your sets. You cannot be out off the gym in less than 1hour. I have tried it and I hang arround for 90minutes.

builtthekid is offline Banned
    1 hour lifting never more if I do then I usually over do it and that just
    waste time.

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    Quote Originally Posted by singern
    30 minutes cardio
    45 minutes lifting
    Hope you dont do the cardio before lifting...

Soldier of Misfortune is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AandF6969
    Hope you dont do the cardio before lifting...
    That would be bad, mmmk.

se11 is offline Associate Member
    depends on the mood, what i'm working out, and how i feel. some days I can go and spend only 30 mins on one body part, and another day i can spend 1 hr 30 min on two or three. it all depends on what i'm doing, how i'm doing it, ect.

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    Depends on what your trying to accomplish like hitting a plateau you may switch to a high volume which many have results( I believe it is dependant of the % of small or long fiber ratio's). Just remember after 1.5 hrs(from lit I read) you can start into a catabolic phase. But 1 hr or less is best IMO. By the way I used to do very high volume routines 4-6 yrs ago.(charter member of a great big club) I worked out on some motivated days 2-3 hrs 5 days a wk! One time I spent 6 hours alone blasting only a couple of muscle groups.(yea flame away bro's) but there is a routine for arms that takes 6 hrs alone but cannot move them for a week ,is reported to gain a good amount of muscle but cannot work them for 1 month after. Although I did not gain a considerable amount of mass my body composition did.

brian11 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bluethunder
    Depends on what your trying to accomplish like hitting a plateau you may switch to a high volume which many have results( I believe it is dependant of the % of small or long fiber ratio's). Just remember after 1.5 hrs(from lit I read) you can start into a catabolic phase. But 1 hr or less is best IMO. By the way I used to do very high volume routines 4-6 yrs ago.(charter member of a great big club) I worked out on some motivated days 2-3 hrs 5 days a wk! One time I spent 6 hours alone blasting only a couple of muscle groups.(yea flame away bro's) but there is a routine for arms that takes 6 hrs alone but cannot move them for a week ,is reported to gain a good amount of muscle but cannot work them for 1 month after. Although I did not gain a considerable amount of mass my body composition did.
    Perhaps after a certain amount of time the workout will be detrimental to size, but not strength as in the case of a world record PL who spends hours at the gym, but maintains a low body weight

Guerilla Warfare,
    Hit and Run, all business no bulls*&t,
    45 Minutes Training Max.
    If you need longer----TRAIN HARDER...
    AAAAAGGGGHHHH......

Merlin_TM is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SaTyR
    If you are doing 4 exercices and for mass you should wait 2 minutes between your sets. You cannot be out off the gym in less than 1hour. I have tried it and I hang arround for 90minutes.
    I can't figure the math on this one.

I can't name one strength coach that advocates workouts longer than 1 hour.

Thread Information