Thread: I hate the gym!

little-one is offline Associate Member

I hate the gym!

I cant stand going to the gym. Everyone is either walking around talking or its too **** busy for me to get a good workout done. I live in appartments
    that have a small fitness center that I never see anyone using. I would much rather work out in there but they do not have any free weights. Can you gain muscle with cable machines? Or is it just a waste of time

Merlin_TM is offline New Member
    Waste of time. Join a different gym.

63190 is offline Anabolic Member
    Join a different gym or try going at another time. When I go work out, there's ususally some hard core gym rats around to help me get in the zone. Otherwise it's mostly house wives messing around on machines. And the music sucks too. Disco is dead, let it go....

znak is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by little-one
    I cant stand going to the gym. Everyone is either walking around talking or its too **** busy for me to get a good workout done. I live in appartments
    that have a small fitness center that I never see anyone using. I would much rather work out in there but they do not have any free weights. Can you gain muscle with cable machines? Or is it just a waste of time
    Buy an MP3 player. Turn it up. Who give a *^*& what the other people are doing?

By my fourth Springsteen tune, I am pouring sweat and everyone avoids me. F*& "em.

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    Machines will prepare you for the weights which is KING.

Hypertrophy is offline Senior Member
    Go to the gym with a purpose, get it done & quit making excuses!

Soldier of Misfortune is offline Senior Member
    I bet every bro at college has the same problem with thier rec centers. Packed full of idiot scrawny kids who dont know what theyre doing and dum@sses who think its social hour. Just push em out of the way and do your $hit.

partyboynyc is offline Anabolic Member

that's what i'm hearing

Quote Originally Posted by Hypertrophy
    either you're uncomfortable there as maybe you are not up to the level that you may see "walking around talking" in front of you or you are just lazy. i'm sure you are relatively new to this, and that's fine, but don't make excuses as to why you can't progress.

co2boi is offline Anabolic Member
    Why don't you try going at a different time? Like lunch or first thing in the AM? You would probably have it all to yourself except for the bored housewives which is all the better. Also, machines are weights...most aren't as good as free-weights, but gravity works on machine weight just like it works on free weights. Furthermore, if you aren't very experienced machines can be good because most enforce good form. Just my .02.

You can "get bigger" with mulk jugs and water bro. It's all about wanting it

edmen2 is offline Anabolic Member
    if u see some scrawny guy on a piece of equiptment u need just ask them can u work in. usually they will say "im done" cause they never got started. if they happened to be a talker just turn ur radio up real loud and yell "WHAT" when they ask a question and they will usually go away.

slizzut is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier of Misfortune
    I bet every bro at college has the same problem with thier rec centers. Packed full of idiot scrawny kids who dont know what theyre doing and dum@sses who think its social hour. Just push em out of the way and do your $hit.

Thats what my gym is like. I don't give a **** though, i just put my mp3 player up full blast or if i'm with the Captain or LT i just block out everyone else.

kc
    kc is offline Female Member
    i combat that "girly can't lift" bs that I can sometimes get by avoiding all the gymrats....at 4am, everybody that's there respects everybody else

At 4am, you would find me snoring on the flat bench!!

kc
    kc is offline Female Member
    At 4am, you would find me snoring on the flat bench!!

well, since i apparently don't sleep it's no issue for me, hell i think it's the only thing keeping me awake the rest of the day

kloter1 is offline Southern Steel Bodybuilding
    Quote Originally Posted by 63190
    Otherwise it's mostly house wives messing around on machines. And the music sucks too. Disco is dead, let it go....
    hahaha gotta get away from that ****, youll never get serious. join a hardcore gym.

This is the hard core gym in town. The other one is all clean and well lit. My gym is mostly sky lights at 10am. I just have to train my mind... I don't mind and it don't matter! Unless I move to Ft. Worth and get TexasFitnessGirl to train with me at that one she said where all the mirrors are broken from Roid Rage . We'll see what happens if Union Pacific accepts my application. They asked if I was willing to move. I said yes and listed Texas, Cali, AZ, Washington, and Oregan.

Soldier of Misfortune is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by slizzut
    Thats what my gym is like. I don't give a **** though, i just put my mp3 player up full blast or if i'm with the Captain or LT i just block out everyone else.
    We have da hookup with a private gym in a different building thats used by the KNPE department, its killer to lift there. Usualy 6 or 7 cadets and Master Sergeant. My schedule sucks so I can only go there on mon and fri.

partyboynyc is offline Anabolic Member

bro

Quote Originally Posted by kloter1
    hahaha gotta get away from that ****, youll never get serious. join a hardcore gym.
    you're there to perform a task, not to socialize or even care about the music.i have said this somany times to members at my gym i run....if you can even hear what is playing on the radio then you're focus is off. i don't hear **** during my training. my focus is on me, not housewives, other guys, girls, just getting my **** done

I almost "accidently" dropped my 115 lbs d-bell on the guys cell phone laying beside my bench. Too many people use the gym as a social environment!!
    Go in, Get you S H I T done.

Quote Originally Posted by partyboynyc
    you're there to perform a task, not to socialize or even care about the music.i have said this somany times to members at my gym i run....if you can even hear what is playing on the radio then you're focus is off. i don't hear **** during my training. my focus is on me, not housewives, other guys, girls, just getting my **** done
    Easier said than done when you have Attention Defecit Disorder Hyper Sensitive.

Psychotron is offline Anabolic Member
    wakeup at 5am, aint no one going to be in there.

Yeah, but the chick that runs the grave yard shift is the prime music offender. She put on this all disco satelite station. And the dood who fills in for her sometimes brings his crappy hip-hop/pop cd's. I complained about him once. They just moved him from the west side gym that I used to go to the east side gym I go to now. Thankfully he's now working swing shift.
    And then there's this pretty chick that's usually there when I'm there around 10am. Nobody will tell her S*** because she's a hot chick. I'm gonna go ape s*** on her next time. Well maybe not ape s***. I'll ask her nicely to put on some thing more hard core. Scorpions and Tesla are coming to town pretty soon. Maybe I can get her to play the best of CD's.

TexasFitnessGirl is offline Female Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 63190
    Yeah, but the chick that runs the grave yard shift is the prime music offender. She put on this all disco satelite station. And the dood who fills in for her sometimes brings his crappy hip-hop/pop cd's. I complained about him once. They just moved him from the west side gym that I used to go to the east side gym I go to now. Thankfully he's now working swing shift.
    And then there's this pretty chick that's usually there when I'm there around 10am. Nobody will tell her S*** because she's a hot chick. I'm gonna go ape s*** on her next time. Well maybe not ape s***. I'll ask her nicely to put on some thing more hard core. Scorpions and Tesla are coming to town pretty soon. Maybe I can get her to play the best of CD's.
    You are so nice. I am not when it comes to that. I tell the people that work there. Turn this ****ty ****ing music to something we can train to its making me fall asleep. What the hell are you trying to do? Turn it into a foo foo gym? Except I dont say that to the 6'5" Icelannder that owns the gym and was in the Olympics......He's scary!

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasFitnessGirl
    Turn it into a foo foo gym?
    FOO FOO is hilarious!! Ain't heard that in a while!

~SC~

co2boi is offline Anabolic Member
    Same way in my gym. They are always playing the best love songs of the 80's a shiat...for some reason I am the only person that confronts the manager about it. I need something with a dam beat...jungle, d&b, hard house...anything but friggin hug me music

Love is all you need according to the beatles, not me. I wish they would play static x and speed metal. But wish in one hand and sh-- in the other and see which fills faster. TFG, I wish you were here or I over there. If you were here, I'd let you talk to the people for me. If I were over there, you done done did it already. Either way I'd
    Git
    -R-
    Done
    I love blue collar humor.

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    FOO FOO is hilarious!! Ain't heard that in a while!

~SC~
    I would say pussy gym, but I do have some class.

OMG, Admin was supposed to ***** that out. I said the P word.

Ah go ahead, say it!!!!!

I wanna hear you scream it!

~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    Ah go ahead, say it!!!!!

I wanna hear you scream it!

~SC~
    SMFAO

Gearhead007 is offline Associate Member
    I always go to the gym in the off peak hours. Usually I just about have the place to myself.

It just kills me to have to go when it is crowded. All it takes is one numbnuts tying up a piece of equipment by being stupid, and that sets me off. Fortunately, I have learned in my old age to channel my anger and just use it to lift more weight. It's amazing how much more I can lift when I am ticked off.

SMFAO

Help??

Ahhhh, nevermind I got it........d*mn I'm slow.

~SC~

Screaming
    My
    F***ing
    A**
    Off

decadbal is offline Banned
    exactly..... your your downfall, not them

imann is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier of Misfortune
    I hate my rec center but its all ive got so im just a dick and kick the skinny little fuxs off what ever i want to use

Thread Information