Thread: Workout time

se11 is offline Associate Member

Workout time

I began work again. And now I usually don't get home until about 3:15 PM. When I get home I am usually tired and not up to working out. In the summer I would usually sleep until about 2 PM then go workout about 4. Now I can't workout with the same intensity and quality that I did when I was working out before I began working. I am on a different sleeping schedule as well. I use to sleep from about 3 AM - 2 PM. Now I sleep from about 11:30 PM - 7:00 AM. Does anyone have any suggestions for me to get back on a better routine/schedule?

kc
    kc is offline Female Member
    Hell, if you don't go to work until 8am...hit it BEFORE work!!!! I'm a 4am junkie....makes for little to no life at night but nothing feels better than walking outta the gym at 6.... ok, so i'm a freak....

seriously tho, try hittin it BEFORE work

Hypertrophy is offline Senior Member
    Force yourself to train after work. You will adapt to it and will not be able to tell the difference after a few weeks.
    Or go before like Kc said.

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    I got up at 5:45am this morning for cardio (1hr45min earlier than normal) and once you actually get up and do it, it is great.

I am a bit cranky today though. BUt it must be done and i am doing it again in the morning.

Put it this way, if you want it bad enough, you will do it.

RedKnight is offline Junior Member
    I don't mean to steal your post se, but I have a question for everyone. As kc mentioned, nothing feels better than walking outta the gym at 6. My only problem is that when I lift that early, my workouts are only at ~75% intensity. I am never awake enough to get a good workout in. Any suggestions to burn off that morning fog in my head? I would love to have my workouts done first thing in the morning and not have to think about them for the rest of the day. Maybe I'm just not a morning person....

Mass Quest is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RedKnight
    I don't mean to steal your post se, but I have a question for everyone. As kc mentioned, nothing feels better than walking outta the gym at 6. My only problem is that when I lift that early, my workouts are only at ~75% intensity. I am never awake enough to get a good workout in. Any suggestions to burn off that morning fog in my head? I would love to have my workouts done first thing in the morning and not have to think about them for the rest of the day. Maybe I'm just not a morning person....
    try getting up a little bit earlier.if not good old black coffee.

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    Does stretching not wake you up?

I do 10 minutes on the treadmill to warm up before i lift.

I was up again at 5:45am to do cardio and i will tell you i feel a whole hell of alot better today than i did yesterday.

Thread Information