statuZ is offline Banned

Bi's are never sore

Hey guys i never really am sore after a bi workout except on the lower bi's near the forearm and thats from preachers, but heres my routine:
    Preacher curls
    cable curls
    dumbell incline curls
    concentration curls

all 3 doing 3 sets of 6-8 reps
    any suggestions to tear the **** out of my arms? Thanks brothas.

Hypertrophy is offline Senior Member
    I prefer the movements where you can handle more weight, not cables and isolation.
    Barbell Curls
    DB Curls
    Hammers
    Preachers

statuZ is offline Banned
    should i be doing preachers last? they usually kill my arms and i usually do them first! thanks hypertrophy you always have badass advice bro. thanks

Dally is offline The Dally Lama
    how bout some "down the racks"?

grab your heaviest for 8 to fail then grab abit lighter to fail then abit lighter to fail for a total of at least 4 different dumbells or barbells during the one set.

if that doesnt hurt then add a few more dumbells drops in the set.

it'll wurk .. trust me mang.

statuZ is offline Banned
    i get huge ass pumps but i just dont get sore, soooo this is a problem since i just started a cycle.

Not necessarily, but by changing the order of exercise selection, you might experience soreness. You could go with 8-12 reps for a 4 week period then back to a 6-8 also.
    4 weeks: 12, 10, 8
    transition
    4 weeks: 8, 6, 4
    Something like that also.
    Simply, I would advise the movements that allow the heaviest weight to be moved.

statuZ is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dally
    how bout some "down the racks"?

grab your heaviest for 8 to fail then grab abit lighter to fail then abit lighter to fail for a total of at least 4 different dumbells or barbells during the one set.

if that doesnt hurt then add a few more dumbells drops in the set.

it'll wurk .. trust me mang.
    im definately going ot try those next time brother.

statuZ is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypertrophy
    Not necessarily, but by changing the order of exercise selection, you might experience soreness. You could go with 8-12 reps for a 4 week period then back to a 6-8 also.
    4 weeks: 12, 10, 8
    transition
    4 weeks: 8, 6, 4
    Something like that also.
    Simply, I would advise the movements that allow the heaviest weight to be moved.
    yah tahts what imt hinking maybe even if i switch up the order i do the excercises i may experience some soreness. thanks man
    check yer pms.

If you just started a cycle, have someone set you up with a periodization program corresponding to your cycle length. This will create greater gains.
    There is plenty of research to support periodization training being superior than traditional training.

statuZ is offline Banned
    who can set me up with something like this?! thanks

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    I am going in another direction from the previous replies. First of all it is more difficult to make the bi's sore(like compared to tri's,chest). Try this as a experiment ,all you need to do is one time. 1. work both the tri's & bi's together same day 2. Increase the volume not the reps say 10. Im talking about 5 sets per exercise 3. On both the tri's & bi's hold the contraction & squeez for a sec or two. 4. Really blast the arms on all the exercises including cable movements. Basically, I am advocating volume training to see if that stimulates you more as the pump is great. It's true heavy and low rep range 2-6 can be GREAT but sometimes form is lost swinging back & forth,no holding the contraction ,partial repping and such. Sometimes the low rep really don't get the blood flowing resulting the much desired PUMP and adding some volume training SHOULD if done right. The type of exercises is not a issue, just concentrate of strick form volume. But I would make sure you do barbell curls & one isolation exercise. You can also superset a bi then tri. The workout may last 1.5hrs. Try this once let us know if you are sore the next day, good luck. P.S. this will require the mind / muscle connection escpecially the bi's
    Last edited by bluethunder; 09-15-2004 at 05:06 PM.

IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"
    dude, seriously, if you want your bis sore...try 21's, or stripset 21's like i do in wicked plateaus.

21's-7 reps from the bottem to half way up in a row, then 7 reps from halfway to top for 7 in a row, then 7 full reps, and cheat if you have to toward the end. that as it is pretty hardcore as it is, to make it either more extreme, without resting after a set of 21's, grab a way lighter barbell and do another set, and then another for a total of 3 sets of 21's. best pump i ever had

i am always sore after this
    b.b curl 2 sets
    incl d.b. curl 2 sets
    ez bar preacher 1 set
    hammers 1 set

and ,y bis are always sore after heavy upper back work

ImmmtheIceman is offline Senior Member
    Go for negatives. Do them once in awhile and they always get me sore.

kloter1 is offline Southern Steel Bodybuilding
    try standing straight bar curls. go heavy for as many reps as u can per set. guaranteed soreness. i had the same problem until i went very heavy.

statuZ is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by kloter1
    try standing straight bar curls. go heavy for as many reps as u can per set. guaranteed soreness. i had the same problem until i went very heavy.
    how heavy? like how many reps should i be able to do? Thanks

Look bro, some of these replies were good advice but not in your condition. What I am trying to say is you have not enough experience to do say" negatives "which is a more advanced movement principle. Nor should you RAPIDLY use heavy weights or your asking for trouble for injury. Start smart, lift light ,watch form, increase weight as you feel more confident & stronger. Pick good exercises and be consitant with your workout schedule. Why try to curl a heavy weight when your bobbing & weaving and tear a tendon or get a lower bicep tear as I can speak from experience here. You achieved no real pump and know cannot workout for months. You must first prepare your body for the more serious routines and this can be almost any time frame depending on your desire & genetics.
    Last edited by bluethunder; 09-16-2004 at 07:43 AM. Reason: spelling

DevilsDeity is offline Anabolic Member
    statuZ

do you have a workout partner?

Soldier of Misfortune is offline Senior Member
    Working your arms (or any muscle for that matter) does not necessarily mean you have to make them sore to see results. Muscles that you use in everyday activities are harder to make sore, namly bi's. My bis dont get very sore after a workout. I get a huge pump, but they are generaly not sore the next day. Tris, however, frequently hurt after working them directly or after chest.

Psychotron is offline Anabolic Member
    do some periods. throw some weight on a curling bar that you can do 10 EASY. this works with a partnet. do one, hand to partner he does one, do two, hand to parter, till you get to 10, then come back down to one.

statuZ is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilsDeity
    statuZ

do you have a workout partner?
    yes i do!

statuZ is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychotron
    do some periods. throw some weight on a curling bar that you can do 10 EASY. this works with a partnet. do one, hand to partner he does one, do two, hand to parter, till you get to 10, then come back down to one.
    i dont really understand what you are saying here heh.

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    One way I know to completely brutalize arms is this...

IMO - they need heavy intensity every so often - to fully stimulate the fast and slow twitch to maximize growth... arms and delts...

DevilsDeity is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychotron

thats what i was gonna suggest

we dont use weight just the straight bar
    i do one curl then hand the bar to my partner he does one curl and gives the bar back to me , i now do 2 curls and give him the bar and he does 2 , he hand s the bar back and i now do 3 curls this keep going on till one person stops usually around 15

znak is offline Senior Member
    Add weight.

Add reps.

You are only doing 96 total reps in your work out. That would be enough if you are REALLY heavy (all sets in the 85-100% 1RM range), but only for a week or two until your body adjusted.

Down the rack, 21s, trading with your partner all work, because you are adding reps to failure.

Doing max weight works 'cause you recruit new fiber.

You gotta do both and you gotta keep your arms guessing.

You're not sore, because your body has figured out how to beat the small amount of work you are giving it.

Dial up the intensity. Then make sure that your back and bi days are either the same or as far apart as possible.

hung-solo is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by statuZ
    how heavy? like how many reps should i be able to do? Thanks
    till failure then work your way down till failure.. its hard for my bi's to get sore and iwork the **** out of em

needmorestrength is offline Anabolic Member
    Mr routine looks like this...
    Straight bar- 4 sets of 8-10
    Preacher- 4 sets of 8-10
    Standing dumbells- 4 sets of 8-10
    then Reverse preachers until failure..then drop weight until failure... then once again drop weight until failure.. that kills me man.. then I hit up tri's and then finish with forarms

By the way going a bit off subject but inreference to the soreness we all can get. There is actually two types of soreness one that is experience during the workout(immediately after) called ONset Muscle Soreness as a result of loss of Glycogen,ATP,glutamine,Creatine>CP which produces Lactic acid(lactate)from performing anaerobic exercises. This is the soreness. The second is after the workout called Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness(DOMS) which can last for days. This is a result of the ACTUALL tearing down of the fibers themselves. The first does not garrantee the second (DOMS) will happen and if that's the case then although you did get some soreness during the workout all it is telling you that you depleted your muscles but just came up short of actuall fiber breakdown. And for added mass it takes the breakdown of tissue to rebuild more to handle the more loads. Just my 2cents because there are many individuals that do not know this.

Thread Information