Thread: Cardio PWO?

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger

Cardio PWO?

I wake up to do cardio at 5:45am...start at 6am and end my session around 6:50am all the while at my target heart rate.

My first meal is at 8am consisting of 2 egg whites, 45Pro/cup of 100%rolled oats thrown in. Makes the shake and the oats easier to get down.

I am obviously getting my carbs from the oats as they were intended, so naturally this is a Pro/Carb meal. I do not have another pro/carb until after my evening lifting...

Just wondering if i should drop the oats and add dex to my protein shake like i do after lifting?

I am cutting right now keep in mind.......

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member

addition

No I do not believe you need Dextrose which is better suited post lifting to replenish depleted glycogen stores and momentarily cause a insulin spike. Since you are cutting best keep the complex oats for slower release. The key is the GI rating of carbs, Oats are low on the scale.
    Last edited by bluethunder; 09-17-2004 at 09:46 AM.

Bigpup101 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bluethunder
    No I do not believe you need Dextrose which is better suited post lifting to replenish depleted glycogen stores and momentarily cause a insulin spike. Since you are cutting best keep the complex oats for slower release. The key is the GI rating of carbs, Oats are low on the scale.

I agree. dex is to provide a quick insulin spike to shuttle protein into ur muscles directly after a workout...everyother time during the day you want to stick w/ low GI carbs

Awesome, thanks for reinforcing what i thought to be right.

Just never sure until i ask.

Soldier of Misfortune is offline Senior Member
    Two eggs? Thats not much protien or anything dude. I always eat 6-8 whites and one or two yolks. Or are you mixing all those items in a shake and drinkin it?

I am taking in about 58g of Protein in my shake, 2 egg whites...and oats.....

That is my first meal....

Thread Information