ctemkg is offline New Member

Smile Professional Muscle Stimulating Machines

Anyone have any idea how effective the PROFESSIONAL muscle stimulating machines, like at a doctor's office, are at helping build muscle in problem areas. These machines have many leads and are not the ones advertisied on TV. I was thinkinga about trying them on a few muscles that I can not get to grow. Are they effective with AS?

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    Look do not be fooled there is NO magic overnight pill & stimulating machine to build your muscles which only comes from blood & sweat bro..

BWhitaker is offline Senior Member
    Ronnie coleman has been using one for 16 years...hasnt lifted but 3 times he said

Psychotron is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BWhitaker
    Ronnie coleman has been using one for 16 years...hasnt lifted but 3 times he said
    haha

dirtythirty is offline Associate Member
    i am currently going to school to become a physical therapist. one douchebag that is very close to graduating likes to come in the training room all the time and hook his abs up to the muscle stem. this does nothing for him and will do nothing for anyone else who simply hooks themselves up to attempt to gain any size/strength. i guess the kid never payed attention in class. the bad thing is i think the **** university has offered this guy a job next season with the athletic dept.

znak is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ctemkg
    Anyone have any idea how effective the PROFESSIONAL muscle stimulating machines, like at a doctor's office, are at helping build muscle in problem areas. These machines have many leads and are not the ones advertisied on TV. I was thinkinga about trying them on a few muscles that I can not get to grow. Are they effective with AS?
    I think that they are most effective with donuts and soda pop.

63190 is offline Anabolic Member
    Maybe if you use it to pre-exhaust technique. Hook your self up to your problem areas. Then go to the gym and hit those same problem areas again with real weights and exercises. Totally kill your problem areas. Try it and let me know how it goes.

IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"
    Quote Originally Posted by ctemkg
    Of course they work. they are called PROFESSIONAL muscle stimulating machines.

Merlin_TM is offline New Member
    You guys are bashing it, when in fact it's very useful for recovery.

Hypertrophy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin_TM
    You guys are bashing it, when in fact it's very useful for recovery.
    True, they are effective for rehabilitation, but not for buidling muscle mass.

Well, not just rehabilitation (mainly reducing muscle atrophy); there's also relaxation of muscle spasms, increasing ROM for people that suffer from arthritis or similiar ailments, increasing local blood circulation, etc.

Also, it can be used during your workouts between/during sets to increase output of a particular muscle group, mimick contractions or to further address tension tolerance/hypertrophy stimulation while bypassing the CNS.

A few strength coaches have touted the benefits of these for a while now, most notably Charlie Francis, who has written articles and posted on his forums about the effectiveness of using them for hypertrophy and strength (though I have yet to see anyone apply it antecdotally).

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    TM your 2nd statement is bogus and too many info commercials. Without CNS involvement there is NO muscle growth. As for the 3rd statement what are the odds that Francis owns stock in a company promoting the devices? Or paid a fee for promotion. Just my 2c

Well, not just rehabilitation (mainly reducing muscle atrophy); there's also relaxation of muscle spasms, increasing ROM for people that suffer from arthritis or similiar ailments, increasing local blood circulation, etc.

Also, it can be used during your workouts between/during sets to increase output of a particular muscle group, mimick contractions or to further address tension tolerance/hypertrophy stimulation while bypassing the CNS.

A few strength coaches have touted the benefits of these for a while now, most notably Charlie Francis, who has written articles and posted on his forums about the effectiveness of using them for hypertrophy and strength (though I have yet to see anyone apply it antecdotally).
    and then you woke up

Quote Originally Posted by IronReload04
    and then you woke up
    This is a well thought out response. Thanks for contributing something.

Quote Originally Posted by bluethunder
    TM your 2nd statement is bogus and too many info commercials. Without CNS involvement there is NO muscle growth. As for the 3rd statement what are the odds that Francis owns stock in a company promoting the devices? Or paid a fee for promotion. Just my 2c
    You're probably right about the CNS involvement; I just happen to know of people using it for that purpose - never myself.

And I don't put much stock in CF's claims either, just figured I mention them.

BUT...the first paragraph completely has merit.

This is a well thought out response. Thanks for contributing something.
    i do what i can

i used to get stem and electrolosys everytime i strained my pec out before my bench meets.worked like a charm

RussianVodka is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BWhitaker
    LMAO:-)

Thread Information