kc
    kc is offline Female Member

speaking of the gym....

I'm seriously thinking of changing my training time. Currently I'm in the gym from 3:45am till around 5am then heading to work. I'm considering changing it to 10pm as a result of some major changes in my life. Does anybody here train late at night and if so, what things might I have to change or adjust as a result?

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    KC, I used to train late evening starting around 8pm -10pm. For me it was good but the only drawback was many times when I came home to sleep after I read in bed I would be sleepy & can fall asleep but soon would awake. Sometimes toss & turn for 2 hrs and I contribute that to my body was still racing from the hard workout. The positive is you can eat a high carb meal later and burn it off before bed so it may not convert to brown fat. Just realize your body will require a period of adjustment and you may get tired or just plain not motivated at 10pm when your body is saying sleep now. Give it a try but for it to work you need to stay on it for a month by then your body should be readjusted..

kc
    Thanks. I don't sleep anyways so I can't imagine it could get any worse. What it will do is stop the urge to do drink cuz i've nothing else to do.

Psychotron is offline Anabolic Member
    what time do you wakeup and goto sleep at?

kc
    on the 3:30 schedule...

Up at 3am
    In bed by 9pm, usually awake 4 or more hours a night however

On the "new" schedule
    Up at 6am
    Train at around 9pm
    In bed at 11pm
    Hopefully sleep more on this schedule than i have been.

Psychotron is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kc
    on the 3:30 schedule...

Up at 3am
    In bed by 9pm, usually awake 4 or more hours a night however

On the "new" schedule
    Up at 6am
    Train at around 9pm
    In bed at 11pm
    Hopefully sleep more on this schedule than i have been.
    as far as lifting goes the "new" one would be better for you, but like others said, you will run into problems trying to get to bed. I know personally after i train im not sleepy for another few hours till i had a real meal.

kc
    well, last night went well. Rolled in around 10 and out just after 11pm. Got home, had some chicken, took a shower and went to bed. First night i've slept more than 3 hours in a row in weeks. Felt **** good!

Strength was up last night, that's a good sign. I was gettin pretty frustrated with bein stuck. The gym crowd is very different than my 3am crowd but it's all good, i'm just there to do my thing anyway.

Day 2 tonight.

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    You go girl!

63190 is offline Anabolic Member
    Don't judge the night crowd. I've worked out at midnight to 2:30 in the am before. That was with my ex. Although with her I just ended up kissing a lot instead of actually training. So, I'm a really good kisser but not so hot body now. LOL. Seriously, it takes some getting used to. Stay with it. After a while you should be able to sleep more. More rest equals quality recouperation, equals better results.

Thread Information