Chemical King is offline Anabolic Member

Want to be tight at the sides

Can anybody tell me what is the best way to keep trim on my sides, because since I started eating properly and using protein shakes and stuff Im noticing a spare tyre emerging and am keen to nip it in the bud now.

Is it ok to do my abs and sides every workout day since they heal a lot quicker than the rest of the body? or is that just crap? I do 30 mins of cardio before workouts also.

Any advice would be great

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    Do your cardio and lifting seperate.

Cardio in the AM (on empty stomach)

Lifting in the PM

I see no problem in doing abs maybe 3-4x a week..depends person to person i suppose. I might hit them 2x a week myself.

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    Twisting with a stick may help.

ok thanks lads. Just about doing cardio on a seperate session, I havnt really got the time to put extra sessions in so thats why I tend to do it before my lifting

znak is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by shaun_brotherton
    Can anybody tell me what is the best way to keep trim on my sides, because since I started eating properly and using protein shakes and stuff Im noticing a spare tyre emerging and am keen to nip it in the bud now.

Is it ok to do my abs and sides every workout day since they heal a lot quicker than the rest of the body? or is that just crap? I do 30 mins of cardio before workouts also.

Any advice would be great
    Do not do your abs every day. You will build them up and get a very boxy look, especially if you are doing heavy dead and squats (I know, I have done it).

Cardio and diet will control your spare tire. Cut back 100 calories and see if that does it.

Normally when you are bulking, you should get a bit of a tire... that proves that your caloric intake is sufficient to support growth.

Great advice mate. I was a little suprise about even getting the spare tyre to start with when I take into account my huge motabolism and difficulty putting on weight, but since I started the whey protein and the muscle gain shakes ive packed it on, but like you say, its normal to get this tyre when bulking. Just roll on Feburary when its time to cut.

Sammy1980 is offline Junior Member
    do abs everyday before bed 5x50reps also with twist...and: NO candy lol

co2boi is offline Anabolic Member
    Extra ab work is all well and good, but there's no such thing as spot reduction for fat loss. Also, be careful with the twisting motions as they may make your midsection thicker from muscle gain.

Cardio and less calories bro.

Sammy1980 is offline Junior Member
    no situp with twist i mean with no weight! never use weight or you get big tummy...lol

I totaly agree, ive just bin down the gym and kicked my own butt on the treadmill followed by a stomach thrashing sit up session, man I can feel the pain.

Soldier of Misfortune is offline Senior Member
    I do abs almost every morning in PT. So yeah, doing them 3-4x a week is ok. Deffinetly separate cardio n lifting.

JdFlex is offline Senior Member
    I agree with znak completely. Diet and cardio will maintain your spare tire. The only way to get rid of it is to put your body into a caloric deficiency. All the abdominal exercises in the world will only add to your aerobic capacity. Like co2boi said, there's no such thing as spot reduction for fat loss.

Thread Information