Aggression is offline Member

Reverse overhead dumbell laterals

Has anyone here ever done reverse overhead dumbell laterals? What part of the deltoid do they work?

In Arnolds Encyclopedia of Bodybuilding, he says that it works the side and rear delts with some secondary work on the traps.

has anyone ever done these and gotten good results?

Noone has ever done these?

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Are you referring to the ones that are like flyes for delts? I was an old movement very common in European circles but can cause injury very easily... I attribute it to some major shoulder problems I faced a few years ago. The shoulder is capable of moving many directions (ball joint) but it is limited on the angles you should use for resistance training while staying injury free. And f'ed up shoulders will deffinitly f' up progress...

Keep simple man, no need to dream up crazy movements... front barbell presses, side laterals (coming up like you are pouring a pitcher), upright rows - all good movements.

Delts are a little more resistant to exercise - since you recruit them all day long everytime you lift your arm. Try some static hold for laterals - bring the weight up in the contracted position and hold for 20 sec - puts some extra sizzle in the delt heads... fight the shaking and keep good form...

Dally is offline The Dally Lama
    also try a wicked arnold move.

lying side laterals.

I can press over 300 on smith and all I need to get a good burn on these is 20 pounds.... no shat.

lie on a 45 degree bench head up on your side... comfortably type thing... starting position for the weight is perpendicular to the floor right in front of you, arc the db up like a side lateral as if you were standing and out to the side only about not more than really parallel to the floor at the finish position... now of course your going to want to find your weight and comfortable range/arc of movement, but doood, if you get it right, you'll need new shirts in no time.

ohhh yeah, you only need about 4 sets tops to have a bone burning pain.

good shat.

So these don't give good results?

Thread Information