pumped420 is offline Junior Member

need help with my delts baddddly

Im currently on a 4 wk 10mg ED m1t cycle and my chest is much bigger than my shoulders proportionately and I do db presses heavy as possible every workout along with uprights n raises. I wanna get a big military press and db press. Any tips would be very helpful i really wanna get the V taper and big shoulder look. THANKS

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    Wide grip in front lat pull-downs for the "V".

Mobsta is offline New Member
    not a lot of people recommend the behind the back military press due to the scare that you might hurt yourself(rotaters),, if done correctly this exercise hits all three heads of the shoulder and will add size as well,,

bigol'legs is offline Quadzilla
    I really like doing a superset of press and raises to get a good shoulder look and size.

Gets a GREAT burn going. Also try doing a power workout everyother week... do some HEAVY lifting.

Sammy1980 is offline Junior Member
    db shoulder presses 10sets baby!! heavy
    shoulder rows: high reps 20-50 reps

JdFlex is offline Senior Member
    I like db shoulder presses on an incline bench set real high.

Look pressing movements are great for delt development but may do nothing getting the "V" and that was half the question. Retracting the scapular & using pulling exercise like the lat pull down to the front wide grip will work the lats and give that spread which contributes to the V shape. T-rows too. Pressing movements will build delts but you need to work the back muscles 1st in conjuntion to trimming the waistline. And by the way lat pull downs behind the neck are the worse and IMO a waste.. I am commented in the gym about my V shape and for myself it had not much from db/barbell presses. My avatar shows the 'V' and that was taken 12yrs ago.

Hypertrophy is offline Senior Member
    You need to update bro, 12 year old avatar!!
    Avoid behind the neck movements. If you have education in biomechanics/kinesiology, you would understand.

Yup I know Hyper I basically look the same except a few more lbs including the fat! But better shape than most 20's and certainly guys my age..

63190 is offline Anabolic Member
    I think he wants big ol' cannon ball shoulders.
    There fore I would suggest:
    Super set heavy push press with front lateral raises
    Super set heavy up right rows with lateral raises
    Super set clean and press with lateral raises
    Tri set front, side, and bent over lateral raises.

Powrlftr is offline Associate Member
    I think he's overtraining his shoulders ... you bodybuilders just love to overdo everything .... if you are going very heavy you don't need or want alot of sets. This is my shoulder routine and I have good delt development

seated military presses 3x3
    lateral raises 4 sets 6-12 reps

Your shoulders get hit really hard in just about every upper body movement, you don't need to 20 sets. Lift for growth not for a pump.

But powerlifting is hypertrophy of a few muscle fibers. Body builders over do ever thing because we want to recruit as much muscle fiber as possible and tax it to get as much new fibers going into hypertrophy as possible. You may get good growth genetically. He obviously isn't happy with what he was handed genetically. That's why I train the beegeezus out of them. If once a week don't work after a few months try twice a week for another couple of months. Keep trying new routines every couple of months until you find something that yeilds the results you seek. Every ones body is unique and it will take a while to find what works for you.

Powrlftr is offline Associate Member
    More is not always better. I used to be a bodybuilder several years ago, I know how you guys think. Alot of times you plateau because you have slowly fallen into a state of chronic overtraining, and usually you guys respond by doing more work. Sure, sometimes you can throw yourself in short term overtraining but reap great results, but you have to slow down and fully recuperate sometime.

Merlin_TM is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Powrlftr
    More is not always better. I used to be a bodybuilder several years ago, I know how you guys think. Alot of times you plateau because you have slowly fallen into a state of chronic overtraining, and usually you guys respond by doing more work. Sure, sometimes you can throw yourself in short term overtraining but reap great results, but you have to slow down and fully recuperate sometime.
    Amen brotha!!!

brocklesner is offline New Member
    I think ive hit a plateau on the bench press. Having made big gains a couple months ago i just wanted that one more increase and have been busting me balls to do it. its still a relatively light weight so im sure i can increase. To increase it in the first place i dropped 10lb from my one rep max and concentrated on getting reps on this. once i could regularly hit 6-7 i went for max weight 2 times a week for a month and added 30lbs- should i try this again

What ever works, brotha.

Thread Information