Thread: Cleavage Point

Peter White is offline New Member

Cleavage Point

What exercises will build-up my inner-upper pecs?

Peter

co2boi is offline Anabolic Member
    Incline presses and flys

63190 is offline Anabolic Member
    You have to use a narrower grip on the bar when doing bar bell presses. And when you do cable flies, cross your hands a lil' bit. Focus on feeling the contraction in that area.

Narrow grips always make me utilize my triceps more than my chest. I agree with the cable fly comment

Yeah it hits your tries, but if you put your elbows out, it kinda hits your center chest. It's not going to be strictly center chest, but more so than reg or wide grip.

Quote Originally Posted by 63190
    Yeah it hits your tries, but if you put your elbows out, it kinda hits your center chest. It's not going to be strictly center chest, but more so than reg or wide grip.
    Right on bro

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    I like cable movements with that extra crossover & squeeze technique. Flyes also work for me where you can get a fuller stretch . Barbell presses shoulder width grip will work to but not heavy poundages or then you may put too much shoulders/tri's into it. Close hand push-ups too. The key is in the pump & squeeze making the mind-muscle connection to target the inner pec.

Oh yeah. Good catch. I didnt' think to tell him it only works with like high rep high set training.

Jef-El is offline Associate Member
    you cant emphasize stress on the inner chest.

The muscle runs sideways, and contracts evenly thru-out its entire length.

you can however, work upper/lower portions.

best way to get the cleavage is do heavy incline movements and your chest will get fuller over all, giving you the desired effect.

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    Not fully correct Jef-El there are pro's & con's regarding isolation of the muscle. Just because muscles strariations run that way is by no means indicative that you cannot stress the inner. I agree upper / lower can too. But what about wide grip benching that hits the outer pec right? I also agree about the inclines give overall fullness therefore you may see the inner cleavage more pronounced. As I stated previously it's the mind muscle connection that helps but novices may have diffuculty.

markas214 is offline Senior Member
    You cannot change the shape of your muscles. I have a very thin mid chest compared to my outer pecs even after years of lifting. I have found doing incline barbell presses to stress the pec minor helped a lot.

Soldier of Misfortune is offline Senior Member
    I saw the thread title and thought, "I have more cleavage than one of my ex gf's"

Peter White is offline New Member

Cleavage Point

Thanks, guys.

Peter

znak is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter White
    What exercises will build-up my inner-upper pecs?

Peter
    Flys and cable crosses.

Squeeze at the top of both exercises for a second or two.

I completely disagree with Jef-El and Markas and my body proves it. If you do exercises properly with the right visualization you can change the basic, fundamental shape of your chest, arms, legs whatever.

Look at Gunther's back after working with Glass. Change your approach, change your shape. If it works on a 300 pound world class bodybuilder, it obviously will work for you. He made FUNDAMENTAL changes to his back. Look at the pix.

If you do the same $hit year in and year out, you will not change your body. You need to visualize the group being worked, isolate it and work it. Then it will change.

Make sure you are using a weigh that allows you to focus on the group you want to work. This does not mean that you should slack, but if you are shaking and twitching around like a worm in a frying pan on your cross overs, how are you going to feel the inner chest as it squeezes, engorging itself with blood and nutrients that allow it to grow.

It can be done. People are doing it everyday. Work hard, but work right.

Sammy1980 is offline Junior Member
    flying and peck deck

Jef-El is offline Associate Member
    Ill agree to disagree with you guys.

I believe that any "extra" work on inner/outer pec is mostly if not entirely based off of mind/muscle connection and visualization.

Inner pec work would be more possible I believe b/c the insertion points are spread over a small area and you *might* be able to stress them more, but outer pec, is connected in a pretty limited space.

Wide grip bench placed more emphasis on chest rather than triceps, and is pretty dangrous as well, placing alot of stress on your shoulders.

I respect your guys opinions, but i gotta state mine.

JdFlex is offline Senior Member
    As Arnold has more experience than all of us put together, I will quote him here. He says in his book that every aspect and dimension of every muscle in the body can be changed through variation of exercises and isolating the specific part of the muscle. For chest he lists many ways of adding upper/inner/outer/lower chest mass and for creating greater separation of the upper/middle/lower chest. For biceps he talks about adding length/height to the peak/thickness/fullness to the outer and inner heads. I don't know what's possible b/c I haven't attained it myself, but this is what the man says.....and he is the definition of bodybuilding.

His main theory said to add as much mass as possible using power movements and then shape the mass using isolation movements.

Thread Information