Thread: Will this work?

gya321 is offline Member

Will this work?

When I was younger I would work my biceps eod and I actually got alot of strenght and good gains. Now I work them 1 or sometimes twice a week. I cant make anymore strength gains. I switch my rountines and everything. Do you guys think I'll just be wasting time trying to work them every other day again?

BigMike J is offline Anabolic Member
    Not alot to go on. What does your current workout routine look like? How long have you been training, shizit just give us your stats. You might want to try sticking to just one routine for a couple months and then switch to another.

gya321 is offline Member
    I've been training on and off for 5 years. Right now Im doing concentration curls 4 sets 8-10. zottman curls 4 x 8-10. "w" bar culrs4 sets 8-10. I still dont feel like its good enough so I throw 4 sets of hammers in there too. I appreciate any input

carbs-rule is offline Associate Member
    I have the most trouble with bi's too. I am doing better with 4 sets of anything for 20 reps in addition to 9-12 of 8-10 rep range exercises. I sometimes do 33 reps of a 40 lb bar dividing them up into 11 sets at the bottom, middle, and top of the normal rep. I don't know if that makes much sense. Though honestly, after doing any bicep exercise for two weeks, it just seems to have a rapidly diminishing effect. You may have biceps that are stretched longer than most people and the gains do not look as big as they really are.

Bigpup101 is offline Senior Member
    try switching it up go HEAVY for 3 weeks and see if that shocks ur muscles try doin 3-4 reps even 2-3 works for me..try forced reps also or even negatives if you have a partner

gya321 is offline Member
    Thanks guys I hate feeling like its a waste. Lately I've been doing my 3 excercises and just not feeling done so I do 1 more excersise than another. Then they feel good but only on the lower half .

se11 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigpup101
    try switching it up go HEAVY for 3 weeks and see if that shocks ur muscles try doin 3-4 reps even 2-3 works for me..try forced reps also or even negatives if you have a partner
    yea try going real heavy for a while and see how your body responds.

ImmmtheIceman is offline Senior Member
    I usually do a 10, 8, 4 rep scheme, but decided to switch it up yesterday. I did between 4-6 reps at the most for every set. Definitely feeling it this morning

Thread Information