Thread: forearm strain

tightprop is offline New Member

forearm strain

Hey i've been lifting now for about 5 years consistently and within the last year I seem to be getting pain in my left forearm that comes and goes. I feel it intensely when I do curls and when ever I have weight directly put over my arm (ie incline bench). I was just wondering if anyone knew what this was or has had any experience with this before. It almost reminds me of shin splints for my forearm.
    thanks,
    tightprop

tightprop is offline New Member
    bump

Hypertrophy is offline Senior Member
    Don't bump a 12 minute old thread!

Hypertrophy is offline Senior Member
    Severe pain in the forearms
    Search for forearm pain, there is lots of threads on it.
    Last edited by Hypertrophy; 09-27-2004 at 03:41 PM.

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    Some threads say forearm splits, but I am not clear that is evan valid. My best bet is you have Flexor Tendinitis/strain which is primarily caused by repetitive stresses(& too much weight) of a gripping exercise such as the barbell curl. Squeezing the grip hand places strain on the flexors. Its possible to have pain undergrip but overhand grips such as working the brachs may hurt more. If you continue to work it with sharp pain it will only get worse. Corticosteroid injection may be helpfull but have drawbacks . Only rest(time) & anti-inflammatories will heal. But you could use less weight and maybe heal but it will just take longer..

Soldier of Misfortune is offline Senior Member
    Its most deffinetly a strain. Muscle and tendons are being separated from the bone. Same as shinsplints but for your forearms. I get it too with curls and used to with upright rows. You gotta do other exercises to build up the strength and go back to em. I can do up rows no prob now, preacher curls are still slightly painfull.

Thread Information