biglouie250 is offline Anabolic Member

Cardio and PWO...

ok so i know that the best time to do cardio is in the AM on an empty stomach...... With that in mind i still like doing cardio after my workout (not trying to lose weight just like the burn i get) Should i get my PWO shake in before cardio and sit for a half hour or can i do my cardio take my pwo and not lose the mucle building properties of having the shake right after lifting?

Sammy1980 is offline Junior Member
    cardio after a workout can aid recovery, 20min is good. Drink a protein shake while you do the cardio. Then when you come home have your regular pwo shake

capone_22 is offline Junior Member
    either way you go it won't be such a good idea and will have some consequences.
    if you take in your shake and then do cardio, the nutrients in your shake which should be used for muscle repair and replenishment will be used up and burned during the cardio session. And you should be having a real meal 1-2 hrs after your shake as well.

if you do your cardio after your workout and take the shake after cardio, depending on the length of your cardio, you've lost that window of opportunity where your body will maximize the use of the nutrients in the shake. Pretty much the quicker you can get your PWO shake in after your workout the better.

Hope that helps. But again, it all comes down to your decision!

biglouie250 is offline Anabolic Member
    thanks for the info capone.....thats what i figured as well just getting some opinions on the matter. Ill do the cardio in the AM starting in late april for cutting purposes but for now ill do it pre-workout at a medium pace so i dont drain myself of energy for the lifting. I do find that if i do cardio pre-workout i get a better overall pump during my workouts.

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    I suggest you seperate them...

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    Personally do separate. But it depends on ones goals too.

fritz2435 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammy1980
    cardio after a workout can aid recovery, 20min is good. Drink a protein shake while you do the cardio. Then when you come home have your regular pwo shake
    How can cardio after a workout aid recovery?
    Keep them separate! Nothing like depriving your glucose-depleted muscles for an extra 20 mins!

Thread Information