Boost n Juice is offline Associate Member

Diet and Workout training

Hey bros, what does everyone think about my workout and meal routine? I’m 25, 6’0, 210lbs 18% body fat. Use to lift for two years, but haven’t lifted in seven months. No injuries. Looking to get cut, and to start my first cycle next fall. Will be starting Muay Thai kickboxing in two months.

Here’s my typical Monday-Friday.
    I wake, have two scoops of whey powder 44 grams of protein,
    At the gym an hour later
    Run at 7MPH for 5 minute to get my heart rate up
    Lift (one body part per day)
    12 reps, 5 sets, 30-60 seconds between sets.

Meal 1 44 grams of protein from Whey powder caffine pill (immediately after I wake up)
    Meal 2 (immediately after work out) Eat an English muffin, two whole egg, non fat free cheese sandwich with 8oz’s of OJ plus 44 grams of protein from Whey powder
    Meal 3 44 grams of protein from Whey powder w/salmon oil pill
    Meal 4 Either chicken breast or lean steak, with salad/ no carbs
    Meal 5 44 grams of protein from Whey powder w/salmon oil pill
    Meal 6 Either chicken breast or lean steak, with salad/ no carbs

Hypertrophy is offline Senior Member
    Post your diet under "Diet Questions." They will correct that mess.
    As far as workout. You need some long duration low intensity cardio to burn predominantly fat as fuel. In the morning on an empty stomach is best.

Bigpup101 is offline Senior Member
    alot of adjustment needed here as said, post that "mess" in the diet forum so they can work w/ you..it's horrible. for help on ur workout schedule post ur whole routine

crazle43764 is offline Associate Member
    You only do 5 sets per bodypart

Boost n Juice is offline Associate Member
    I appreciate the feedback...I'll list my workout and post my "mess" in the diet section. I don't know some of the names of the excerise, but will do my best to describe them...

I do about 4 exercises per body part, 12 reps, 5 sets. As of right now, everyday I do 5 minutes of running before I lift, and 15 minutes of running, biking, or eliptical after.

day 1: bench press w/flat bench on squat machine, 30 degree incline w/dumbells, chest press machine (sit upright but at 30 degrees layback), cable X-overs.

day 2: Tri extentions, weighted dips, tri machine (reverse preacher curls), and skull crushers

day 3: Knee's and one hand on flat bench other arm pulls dumbell, reverse cable X-overs, lat pull down, row machine.

day 4: Sit upright at a 30 degree layback dumbell curls, bi machine (preacher curls), weighted flexs with cables, palms facing myself lat pull downs.

day 5: Shrugs, dumbell military press, quad extentions, hamstring externtions, and leg press machine...

The gym I go to does NOT have weight plates, only machines and dumbells. There is only one flatbench that can be adjusted to incline, but cannot be declined due the seat section will remain flat. I have great limitations and going to another gym is not an option for a few months (lost my license).

Thread Information