63190 is offline Anabolic Member

Preacher curls question

If I'm trying to do 10 reps for precher curls and I can only get 6 or 4 out can I then stand up and cheat a lil' get more or less the same fatigue?
    I started with a warm up set of 12 @ 40, immediately followed by a set of 12 @60 Narrow
    set of 12@60 wide struggling those last three
    set of 6 seated preacher then racked it, whipped around in front of the preacher bench and got the other 4 reps out standing up. Narrow
    set of 4 @ 60 then whipped around and got 6 out standing up wide.

Whatcha think?

Hypertrophy is offline Senior Member
    If my goal was to do a certain number of reps, I would adjust the weight accordingly.

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    If I understand the question .. I would say no you are not fatiqueing the same by cheating on those last few reps. Cheating incorparates other muscles and form is gone and the whole purpose of preacher is controlled form to target the bellie. You get IMO a better pump if you just drop your weight & complete the 12 reps vs. cheating really feeling the bicep work. Using inner vs outer grip depends on what part you wish to hit either the outer(close grip) or inner head(wider grip) although the whole muscle is worked.

63190 is offline Anabolic Member
    That's what I was looking for bluethunder, thanks. I do a two sets of inner and outer head work one after another, two minutes of rest between sets. Should I be doing three or four sets per head? One week inner, next week outer? Should I do a set of 40lbs, set of 50lbs, last set 60lbs? Or do as others have suggested and do DB one arm preacher curls to use free hand to assist working hand?

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    Well my workouts are a bit different from the average workout. When it comes to bi's I hit it from all angles including one db on the incline like RedBaron does. You can use the free hand to assist(I also do cables with assist my free hand) on the last few reps. As far as 3 or 4 sets per head that is a individual decision on how you feel and what you are trying to do. Many times I do not evan bother with rep or set counts as they after awhile become just a #. I go with the "FEEL" in another words if I do not get the pump I continue working evan it means changing reps/weight/exercises ect.. Some days are better than others(my body) so sets to me become meaningless. Just mix it up and if you paramid up from 40>50>60lbs thats good too.

Thread Information