Thread: Triceps

Nevergoodenough is offline Junior Member

Triceps

What would be the best exercise to add size to that part of your tricpe that sticks out. I'm not sure the exact name of it but, when you flex your tricep it is the muscle that sticks out. My arms are doing good but that part of my tricep is lagging. thanks

IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"
    close grip bench and skull crushers are the best mass builders imo

co2boi is offline Anabolic Member
    weighted dips are the best mass builders IMO. Then close grips and skull crushers

se11 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by co2boi
    weighted dips are the best mass builders IMO. Then close grips and skull crushers
    close grip bench and skull crushers are the best mass builders imo
    do all 3

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    That's the outer head looking from the front. In the rear view you see the long head. These make the horseshoe. Best exercises is individual as each has different % of mucle fibers(long,short). BUT generally I would say close grip bench,weight dips arms rather close making sure you are upright/straight and not having your upper torso leaning forward as this is working the chest more..Finish off with heavy pressdowns and hold the extention.

IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"
    Quote Originally Posted by bluethunder
    That's the outer head looking from the front. In the rear view you see the long head. These make the horseshoe. Best exercises is individual as each has different % of mucle fibers(long,short). BUT generally I would say close grip bench,weight dips arms rather close making sure you are upright/straight and not having your upper torso leaning forward as this is working the chest more..Finish off with heavy pressdowns and hold the extention.
    blue, do you think it might be better to finish off with skulls. just being a free weight and all? just food for thought.

all i do for tris are close grip and skulls, and thats all it takes to get my tris screamin sore
    Last edited by IronReload04; 09-30-2004 at 04:11 PM.

joedog189 is offline New Member
    Go with the exercises that you can use the most weight on first to get the most growth and strength gains. That way you are using the most muscle recruitment in each exercise. So in you case you should probably go dips weighted or not, then close grip benchpress with your elbows in tight, then skull crushers and if you have anything left pressdowns and as blue said hold the extension for at least a 2 count.

Joedog189

Nevergoodenough is offline Junior Member
    pimpin, I started off doing cable pushdowns with for 5 sets and one superset of dips, then i moved to skull crushers with the superset of dips, the close grip sounds good i havent done them for a while the pushing motion is gonna be working the part im looking for. Thanks fellas.

Thread Information