Dally is offline The Dally Lama

whats the "standard"for injury healing time?

I facked myself on max bench about a month ago, I waited a week since it wasnt that bad, and tried again as it didnt hurt anymore.

I made it worse, and have not fully beat chest now for about a month.

I havn't lost anything really, except strength and confidence I can press my old weights. I have never really injured myself before, so I was looking for a general time frame on when I can get back to kickin chests ass again.

It was a minor muscle belly tear/agravation with very slight yellow bruising in the center of the chest alone... and then a week later total tear with no discoloration etc.

I have worked with about 70 percent of my max since ... first time was light sets and a week later abit heavier.

how long till its fixed up to get whooped?

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    I never have experienced chest tears so I cannot say for sure the recovery time. But 3-6 wks is in the ballpark unless you continue to work it until it fully heals. Working lighter with less sets during the short time is wise.

Dally is offline The Dally Lama
    Quote Originally Posted by bluethunder
    I never have experienced chest tears so I cannot say for sure the recovery time. But 3-6 wks is in the ballpark unless you continue to work it until it fully heals. Working lighter with less sets during the short time is wise.
    thats what I figured and a side note, you always got good info

thanks mang

actually, if you were to lay off the chest totally, which i know is a hard thing to do, it would heal up alot quicker man. when you work your chest 'lightly' all your doing is aggravating the tissue even more

joedog189 is offline New Member
    When I tore my pec about 2 years ago going for a max of 365 (I know I know benchpress maxes are dangerous) i had an almost complete tear like you did. I decided to suck it up and take about 2 months off to let it heal, when I went back at it with light weights it was still tender so I took another month off to be sure. I did lose some strength and size but in the long run my pec has never been better. So just give it some time off then ease back into things when it feels right. If not you are just going to do more harm than good and prolong your injured situation

Joedog189

Thread Information