Thread: Sorness

mcvays1 is offline Junior Member

Sorness

Alright ive been able to get every bodypart except my tri's and shoulders sore. Does this mean I should work them harder?

Hypertrophy is offline Senior Member
    Why do you want to get sore??

LaRoche is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mcvays1
    Alright ive been able to get every bodypart except my tri's and shoulders sore. Does this mean I should work them harder?
    Likewise the only muscles that don't "get sore" for me are my shoulders and bis. My muscles are sometimes stiff for about two days after a good training day. Other days they are not sore, despite a hard training session. Having sore muscles is good sometimes because it lets me know that I hit them hard in the gym, or tried a different excercise that really made them burn. I think stiff muscles, however, could also be an indication of diet flaws that prevent optimal recovery. I'm interested to hear other opinions too.

IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"
    no matter what muscle i work out. i am ALWAYS SORE

maxamillion is offline Associate Member
    SometimesI have a hard time getting my shoulders sore, but i'm gonna try some different lifts.

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    If you want sore then YES you need to pound them more .. Up your intensity,vary your exercises ,add some more volume. 1 hr you should be done.

mcvays1 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bluethunder
    If you want sore then YES you need to pound them more .. Up your intensity,vary your exercises ,add some more volume. 1 hr you should be done.
    "If you want sore?" Isnt soreness a good thing?
    Last edited by mcvays1; 09-29-2004 at 09:22 PM.

ImmmtheIceman is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LaRoche
    Likewise the only muscles that don't "get sore" for me are my shoulders and bis. My muscles are sometimes stiff for about two days after a good training day. Other days they are not sore, despite a hard training session. Having sore muscles is good sometimes because it lets me know that I hit them hard in the gym, or tried a different excercise that really made them burn. I think stiff muscles, however, could also be an indication of diet flaws that prevent optimal recovery. I'm interested to hear other opinions too.
    I agree. My shoulders almost never get sore, except for a burning sensation after doing heavy military presses sometimes. My bis rarely get sore as well, unelss I pound them with negatives

ToJuice,OrNotToJuice is offline Associate Member
    I try not to gauge my workouts by soreness, I just try to improve on how much weight I push and the quality of the reps, most muscles do become sore.

Thread Information