Bruno Dickman is offline New Member

Smile Critique my training please? :)

Hello there everyone how are you?

My name is Bruno, I'm a 22 year old Brazilian guy, 172lbs, 5'10, at around 17%BF (this is a guess). I have been into sports for years. Soccer, Volleyball, Swimming, Judo and gym. Got into college, started working like a maniac on the last two years of college, and completely forgot about training and taking care of myself. Got done with college in December 2003 and the first thing I did was to join a Gym once again and start lifting.

Its been 8 months. On the last three I have actually worked out hard and I am now in "semi decent" shape. VERY FAR from what I want though. My goal is to in 1 year weight around 180lbs at 10-12%. Pretty much it means loosing 7lbs of lard and adding 15lbs of muscle. Its a big change in my eyes, but possible. (Is it? I'd like to hear from you from your experiences. )

I have had one injury in one of my shoulders while doing PecDec, around 3 years ago. I feel my shoulders and wrists are my weak links. Shoulders I would guess because of years falling on it (Judo) and the PecDec injury. Wrists beause I work with Internet, so I am typing online many hours per day. Nothing major though, but I want to fill you up as much as possible.

I eat fairly well. Not a perfect follower of diets here but I don't really screw up all the time. I eat little carbs at night with like 1-2 exceptions per week. I try to keep my protein intake at 200g / day or so. I am taking and plan to continue taking 3-5 servings of whey protein per day (Optimum Nutrition is my current favorite) and Tribulus, 3g per day. I have taken 1TU before (gained a few pounds, but I didnt like it much, had some weird allergic sensations, whole body burning from inside, hard to explain, lol... maybe wasnt 1TU but happened at the time I was taking and it never happened before soooo...). I would take PHs though, like... once or twice during that year. Real gear... ummm... still not sure, since I believe I can reach my goals without it. What do you think?

Ok... now let me tell you briefly about how I plan on working out. It will be at night, around 8:30-9PM, I have no choice. This is not final but should work based on what I have read around here and other places, talked to people, etc:

All exercises will be performed twice, with one high rep set at around 60% of my 1 rep MAX. Second set is the usual 8-12 (progressive) with around 80% of my 1 rep MAX (trying to reach concentric failure at my last rep). Around 1.7secs going up, 1.7 seconds going down (I train listening to psytrance music and like to follow the beat paterns, 4 beats to go up, 4 beats to go down).

Monday: Chest, Shoulders & biceps day.
    Bench Press, Inclined Dumbell Press, Declined Press, Overhead Press with Dumbells, Lateral raisings, Frontal Raising, Seated preacher curls with an EZ bar, standing dumbell curls (alternating sides, ya know? 1 with the left arm, one with the right...) and biceps machine hammer curls.

Tuesday: Soccer day... no weights.

Wednesday: Back and Triceps
    Lat Pulldowns, Seated Rows, reverse grip pulldowns (like chin-ups), Seated dumbell triceps extensions, Triceps pushdowns, and a seated triceps machine that I dont know the name in English.

Thursday: Legs and abs.
    Leg Press, Squat Machine (they dont have the rack for real ones), leg extensions, seated calf raises and ab work.

Friday: Chest, Back and shoulders.
    Two exercises for each of the parts. Quick and heavy day.

For cardio, I play soccer on tuesday as mentioned, and I plan on running one or twice in the morning. I go to eletronic music parties and dance for hours, around once or twice a week. Ah... I sleep around 7 hours per day.

Well well... I think thats what is in my mind folks! Can you give me your opinions and insights? What do you think about my plan? What do you think of my goals? What kind of results should I expect from this?

Thanks a million for reading and hey, please post something, help me out, I appreciate it!

Take care and kind regards,

Bruno Dickman

Hypertrophy is offline Senior Member
    http://www.steroid.com/workout.php
    See if this 4-day split will work for you. I would make some suggestions as to include hamstrings, deads, and change behind the neck presses to the front. I assume that you do 2 sets, 60% and 80% of 1RM. Maybe list your workout as follows:

Chest
    Incline Bench - 4 sets 12 reps
    Flat Bar - 3 sets 12 reps
    This makes it easier to follow and critique.

MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    You need to slow down your negatives (going down), you lifintg can be at 1.7seconds, i have no problem with that, but lowering should be in a range of 4-5 seconds, it's time undertenssion that causes muscle growth, each one of your sets should last 45-60 seconds...other then that keep the volume relitively low, i would say
    Chest 5-6 sets
    Back 6-7 sets
    Legs 7-8 sets
    Bis 3-4 sets
    Tris 4-5 sets
    Shoulders 4-5 sets
    Calfes 5-6 sets
    Once you are done warming up, complete each set as if it was the last set you were ever going to do, balls to the wall, 110% effort, live or die attitude...make sure to do a lot of basic movements such as benches, squats, rows, chin ups etc...
    Good luck...XXL

MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    Just to add to that i only do 1 working set per body part after my warm ups, if you want to try that kind of training do a search for Doggcrap workout here on AnabolicReview...peace...XXL

Quote Originally Posted by Hypertrophy
    http://www.steroid.com/workout.php
    See if this 4-day split will work for you. I would make some suggestions as to include hamstrings, deads, and change behind the neck presses to the front. I assume that you do 2 sets, 60% and 80% of 1RM. Maybe list your workout as follows:

Chest
    Incline Bench - 4 sets 12 reps
    Flat Bar - 3 sets 12 reps
    This makes it easier to follow and critique.
    Thanks bro, I will make sure I write it like that next time.

I am really not comfortable with deads, but I will add the hamstrings - good idea!

Regards,

Bruno

Quote Originally Posted by MIKE_XXL
    You need to slow down your negatives (going down), you lifintg can be at 1.7seconds, i have no problem with that, but lowering should be in a range of 4-5 seconds, it's time undertenssion that causes muscle growth, each one of your sets should last 45-60 seconds...other then that keep the volume relitively low, i would say
    Chest 5-6 sets
    Back 6-7 sets
    Legs 7-8 sets
    Bis 3-4 sets
    Tris 4-5 sets
    Shoulders 4-5 sets
    Calfes 5-6 sets
    Once you are done warming up, complete each set as if it was the last set you were ever going to do, balls to the wall, 110% effort, live or die attitude...make sure to do a lot of basic movements such as benches, squats, rows, chin ups etc...
    Good luck...XXL
    Thats right, I have read that on a HIT training manual a few years ago, completely forgot. I will go down in 3.4 seconds... or should I go down in 5.1 seconds? maybe... then two reps = 1 compass on the song... heheheh

I like that 1 warm up set and then one all out set! I hope it works out well!

Thanks for the feeback Mike! Peace.

Bruno

Thread Information