beyonddriven is offline Associate Member

What is the best proven training technique for mass?

I am 19yrs old 5'8 210 lbs at 9% to 10% body fat. I have been weight training since I was 13, but have only been attempting to truly BB for a little over a year. I have a 5 day split working each muscle group once a week. I have had decent success with my program but at times get frustrated with my gains. During times of plateau I always revaluate my program in search of a new way to shock my body into growth. From my days as a football player and wrestler I always believed in power training, more weight equals more mass, and up to this point I have had decent success. My question is can one acheive significant size gains from high intensity? I have read and read on this issue and it seems everyone has a different opinion. I was wondering if I could get a response from some of the seniors of this board on this matter. As far as everything else goes my diet is clean and has been for almost a year. I have run one cycle of just EQ at a very low dosage and expierenced decent gains (around 12lbs) Thanx

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    First I will say do not take anymore AAS. Plateau's are normal and at 19yrs old you still have a long way to muscle maturity. Size gains for most come in the early stages of training the first few years then it may taper. Increasing intensity will help strength and in return SHOULD increase some size(mass). You are in great shape now so do not let this disturb you to the point of using AAS again. A viscious cycle could develope. I would suggest keep on your diet, making sure you get all the macro/micro nutrients. Take some time off from the gym or less days you may need it, overtraining is only one symptom of plateau's.

Hypertrophy is offline Senior Member
    If someone had that answer, they would be on an exotic island sipping on a fruity drink!!! That is a million dollar question. Everyone has and always will give different opinions. I say periodization can't be beat!!

IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"
    maximal intensity, animal like workouts and alota food. TIME

chances is offline Associate Member
    Add the fact the each person responds differently to different lifting styles and you begin to see the problem. What works for me may not work for you. I lift as IronReload describes. My muscles only really respond to high intensity lifting, i.e. - heavy weight, low reps, little rest between sets or exercizes. I don't respond at all when my rep range is above 8 per set. Like I said, that's just me.

I also agree with what BlueThunder said. Take a week off from the gym. Let your muscles heal. That may be just what you need to start growing again. And stay off the AAS. You don't need them yet.

chance

IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"
    want to know what i think many people neglect. attidude. when you lift, you need to be 100% ****ing idiot. you need to be an animal. when you lift, you got to love being there and leave everything there. Then after you lift, you need to think positivly. Know you are going to progress. convince yourself you will be stronger next week. mentally, order yourself to grow. your body will only go as far as your mind.

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    Hows your diet look? It might be a weak point you haven't looked at... post it up here

GORILA-UNIT is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IronReload04
    want to know what i think many people neglect. attidude. when you lift, you need to be 100% ****ing idiot. you need to be an animal. when you lift, you got to love being there and leave everything there. Then after you lift, you need to think positivly. Know you are going to progress. convince yourself you will be stronger next week. mentally, order yourself to grow. your body will only go as far as your mind.
    well said

beyonddriven is offline Associate Member
    Thanks for the insight. AandF6969 I am a college student right now so my diet is healthy but not always consistent. I stay away from highly saturated fatty foods and understand the importance of a blananced diet, carbs are just as important as protein. I take in roughly 200 to 280 grams of protein a day. I try to stay away from processed foods, always eating anything natural I can. My biggest problem might be when I eat or days when I dont take in as many calories as I should. Again I am a college student so eventually my money runs out and I cant eat as much as I want. I would be greatful for your opinion on what my diet should look like. Again I am 5 '8 and consistently between 205 to 210 lbs. thanx man

Thread Information