sooners04 is offline Senior Member

Cardio on "OFF" days

I want to mix in cardio with my workout. But my only options due to work etc... is to either do cardio like 5 hours later after the weights or cardio on the days I take off from the weights. Which is more ideal and if neither is a good idea then screw cardio, I hate it anyway.

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    Although you could do it 5 hrs later provided you fed your body IMO best do it another day..

ToJuice,OrNotToJuice is offline Associate Member
    I try to do cardio on my days off while I am bulking, when dieting you really don't have much of a choice, cardio early in the day and weights late works for me.

TomDiesel is offline New Member
    you could always run early in the morning

fritz2435 is offline Member
    Optimal time for cardio is first thing in the morning on an empty stomach, then follow up with a pro/fat meal 30-45 mins later.

calidude is offline Senior Member
    On my "off" days, I don't do anything.

bigol'legs is offline Quadzilla
    Heres what i like to do.

Cardio pre-weights....
    Protein shake
    Weights
    PWO shake
    PWO meal 1hr later.

If you do 30 minutes cardio... and 30 minutes in the weightroom, or even 45 minutes... its perfect timing.

Jock191 is offline Associate Member
    It all really depends on what your trying to do.. If you need to lose alot of weight then yeah youll have to do more cardio. If you dont need to lose alot and you just want to be Cardiovascularly fit then 3 days a week for 20 to 30 min is fine. Now AM or PM?
    There's also some controversy as to when aerobic activity should be executed. The precept currently in vogue is to do aerobics in the morning on an empty stomach, the theory being that you will more quickly use up stored carbohydrates and burn fat faster. I don't agree with this line of thinking. Without available carbs, the body is more vulnerable to catabolism. If you insist on running, the preferable time would be at the end of a workout. In this way, the heart rate is already elevated and less activity will be required to achieve the desired effect.

Thread Information