Pump2004 is offline Junior Member

Calves everyday?

I normally work my calves on leg day but they need more work. What is the thought on working them every workout. I know they need to be pushed hard to grow but is working them everyday overtraining?

Danielle is offline Female Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pump2004
    I normally work my calves on leg day but they need more work. What is the thought on working them every workout. I know they need to be pushed hard to grow but is working them everyday overtraining?
    wow....def. overtraining.........if you can work them everyday, you arent working them hard enough.........you prob. just need more intensity on your calve workout.....
    Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, THAT IS STRENGTH

crazle43764 is offline Associate Member
    I do mine twice a week...one day heavy lower reps(10-15) next day medium weight higher reps (20-30), have u ever done front toe raises it builds up your shin muscle and that make your calves look overall very thick

cb25 is offline Banned
    i agree with danielle...ED calves would be overtraining IMO.

try moving them to a different day...they'll get hit with legs to a certain extent, but you can really fry them on their own day, alongside whatever else you're doing -- for me it's delt/tri/calves...

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    Calves can be worked more than once evan 3 times & higher reps range to boot.. There like abs..

ToJuice,OrNotToJuice is offline Associate Member
    A muscle is a muscle, I train my calfs and bs just like anything else. Once a week about 5 sets heavy weight 6-8 reps. they grow

Thread Information