crazle43764 is offline Associate Member

Back and Biceps?

Do you guys do both in one workout or do you do biceps on another day? Because I have been having trouble getting my biceps to grow, and its buggin me to death that they will not grow.I do back and biceps on seperate days, and they are pretty far apart when I train them..any suggestions, Ill post my routine if needed for critique.

issam is offline New Member

BACK AND BI's

I would say train ur back and bi's togher and have an arms day for another day this way ur training ur biceps at least twice a week making them grow better and faster

Soldier of Misfortune is offline Senior Member
    I did them seperate for a long time but my schedule is so full with school and ranger training that Im having to condense my workouts. Back and Bis are going together. Ive done them like that in the past and it was a good mix. Chest and tris is good too. To get your bis to grow if they arent try shocking them. Add like 20lbs for 6 sets or somthing major. You may have reached your current physiological limit and need to redo the overload exercise principle. Someone just paid attention in thier KNPE 201 class.

Hypertrophy is offline Senior Member
    Manipulate a variable.

cb25 is offline Banned
    For me, after a good back workout, i'm unable to put everything i have into a biceps workout...so i usually do back/traps on one day, chest/bis on another, legs on one, and delts/tris/calves on one final day.

that's done well for me...but my main advice is switch it up if you don't feel like you're gaining there, or if your biceps are falling behind - prioritize them, and try something new until you find whatever it is that works best for you.

Mighty Joe is offline Anabolic Member
    I do: Chest & Bi's
    Back and Rear Delts
    Legs
    Shoulders, Traps & Tri's

Big Slick is offline Associate Member
    I like to split it up as much as much as I can to concentrate on the individual muscle groups. I find that if I only do a few exercises for each muscle, I don't "shock" them enough. But that's also cuz I've had the time to work out everyday-- a lot --lately. As long as you are changing things up enough(wieght, routines,reps,etc.) you should be fine and see some progress.

FCECC2 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by crazle43764
    Do you guys do both in one workout or do you do biceps on another day? Because I have been having trouble getting my biceps to grow, and its buggin me to death that they will not grow.I do back and biceps on seperate days, and they are pretty far apart when I train them..any suggestions, Ill post my routine if needed for critique.
    yep. try adding lot of volume. it help me a lot. on back width i do high volume and on upper back i go for heavy, negative curl.

AnabolicBoy1981 is offline Anabolic Member
    The close-grip palms-up pulldown, has been said to be one of the best bicep excersises there is, not to mention an obvious back excersise. The reason it works the biceps is because the biceps are worked from the elbow and shoulder axis, as apposed to just the elbow axis as with a curl.
    At one time i had used just that exerise as my bicep work, and people could not belive they looked that good without curls.

Thread Information