Will_1 is offline Associate Member

Bench down! down! down!

Weight: 240lbs
    BF: 20-25% oink oink

Been lifting for almost 6 months.

My bench keeps going down. When I first started lifting my bench was 245lbs. I was expecting it to go up as I progressed. Instead I wound up going all the way down to 185lbs, I was eventually able to get it back up to the weight I started with. Now im at 225lbs again.

The numbers on my squats, deadlifts etc keep going up.

Anyone had this happen or have an idea wtf is going on.

This is driving me nuts. Thanks for any help.

ToJuice,OrNotToJuice is offline Associate Member
    How do your shoulders feel, I can have bench for about eight weeks then it gets to my shoulder. on the other hand you could just be thinking about it to much

Shoulders feel fine.

Lol thinking about it to much. Seriously doubt that one.

Maybe if I just didnt have monkey arms.

/>
    Stop thinking,lift heavy,eat big,and good things will come.

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    Sometimes if you lose some b/f you will also decrease your lifting weight. That's why when people bulk they notice their poundages increase but usually at the same time the b/f goes up too. Only 6 months training you have nothing to worry about just make sure you are not doing excessive benching causing overtraining. If thats the case then yes you will not lift as much.

Quote Originally Posted by goodtobeapimp

Stop thinking,lift heavy,eat big,and good things will come.
    Natural here as well.

Although im planning on taking slin.

"35-40" wow

I try not to think much when I lift except to setup. I just listen to some hard rock and go to work.

I do have expectations though.

Quote Originally Posted by bluethunder
    Sometimes if you lose some b/f you will also decrease your lifting weight. That's why when people bulk they notice their poundages increase but usually at the same time the b/f goes up too. Only 6 months training you have nothing to worry about just make sure you are not doing excessive benching causing overtraining. If thats the case then yes you will not lift as much.
    When I first started lifting I was at least 30+% b/f. Bulking isnt something I think I will be doing any time soon. I can get fat eating dirt.

I did take some clen and t3 for a bit. Could be part of the reason for bad lifts.

Im only benching once a week. Heavy one week low reps, light the other with high reps.

Thanks for the responses guys.

IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"
    are you talking about repping weight or max weight? what are those numbers from.
    maybe you should get your test measured. thats crazy to loose strength when just starting out unless you are severly overtraining and or undereating

Quote Originally Posted by IronReload04
    are you talking about repping weight or max weight? what are those numbers from.
    maybe you should get your test measured. thats crazy to loose strength when just starting out unless you are severly overtraining and or undereating
    Yah it doesnt make sense to me either. I lifted more when I was fatter and way out of shape.

The 245lbs was my for max although I did 2 reps once. I dont think its my test because all my other lifts keep going up. Also im taking Nolva to increase my endogenous test levels.

I was overtraing in the begining. I followed a powerlifting routing 4-6 reps with max weight. Followed max-ot's principles and made rapid gains. Started developing tendonitis and now I lift heavy every other week.

I did do a stupid crash diet but that was months ago.

I do about 40 pushups eod, I doubt that would effect my bench.

Quote Originally Posted by Will_1
    Yah it doesnt make sense to me either. I lifted more when I was fatter and way out of shape.

The 245lbs was my for max although I did 2 reps once. I dont think its my test because all my other lifts keep going up. Also im taking Nolva to increase my endogenous test levels.

I was overtraing in the begining. I followed a powerlifting routing 4-6 reps with max weight. Followed max-ot's principles and made rapid gains. Started developing tendonitis and now I lift heavy every other week.

I did do a stupid crash diet but that was months ago.

"I do about 40 pushups eod, I doubt that would effect my bench."[/QUOTE]

It is very possible that the pushups are effecting your recover or robbing you muscles of glycogen before a workout. it is a good possibilty that is is the pushups harming your bench. if i were you, i would just ditch the pushups.
    trust me, pushups wil not do what benching will not.

63190 is offline Anabolic Member
    "I do about 40 pushups eod, I doubt that would effect my bench."
    It is very possible that the pushups are effecting your recover or robbing you muscles of glycogen before a workout. it is a good possibilty that is is the pushups harming your bench. if i were you, i would just ditch the pushups.
    trust me, pushups wil not do what benching will not.
    I agree with the push ups thing. My wrestling coach used to want us doing a 100 pus-ups a night. My bench was stagnet during wrestling season. Soon as it was over I started to go up again. I did 3x3 for three weeks, then 5x5 for three weeks. Max out 1RM and do six weeks of 70% at 3x8. Max out again and go to 3x3@85-90% for three weeks and then 5x5 for three weeks. Same for deads, cleans, and squats.

Makes sense. I still have to do my pushups though.

I need to get up to around 200 chest to ground pushups ed straight. Hopefully my body will adapt so my bench doesent keep going down. Slin should help me stay loaded up with glycogen.

Thanks guys.

I need to get up to around 200 chest to ground pushups ed straight. Hopefully my body will adapt so my bench doesent keep going down. Slin should help me stay loaded up with glycogen.

Thanks guys.
    why????? if you do pushups every day, you can pretty much kiss bench press progress goodby. Its time to pick one or the other. take our advice or leave it and stop complaining and wondering why your bench wont go up

Thanks guys.
    why????? if you do pushups every day, you can pretty much kiss bench press progress goodby. Its time to pick one or the other. take our advice or leave it and stop complaining and wondering why your bench wont go up

Im joining the military. I doubt 40 push ups is enough to affect my bench. Bench is certainly not the same as puchups for numbers.

I do a 100+ hindu squats ed and its never hurt my squat. Yes I know there bigger muscles.

My bench has done this before when I wasn't doing pushups. Glycogen could partly expain for the decrease in weight. Athough ive always done my bench first thing in the morning on Monday.

Chill, you only need to press the button once.

you know what, after posting that i kind of figured you were in the military so my bad.

I really dont have an answer for you, that has never happened to me

I appreciate all the input.

Thanks.

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member

that's your problem.

pushups EOD? what your doing is constantly flushing your chest with blood and lactic acid, so no matter what, its always gonna be using the smaller muscle fibers when you go to train heavy. your chest never has a chance to rest, im sorry to say this but, your gonna have to pick 1 or the other, a heavy bench or the ability to do alot of pushups. depends on your goals man. you cant have 1 with the other. when i was benching 395 in competition i couldnt do more than 30 pushups for the life of me. so dont try and think that having a heavy bench will help in the ability to do pushups.

these are 2 different types of training.

• Thread Information