NotSmall is offline English Rudeboy

Does anyone do full body workouts?

Due to work the only time I can exercise is first thing in the morning. At present I workout mon, wed, fri and run tues, thurs, sat, sun. My workouts are split into body parts so that I hit each bodypart once a week, some 1 1/2 times (what I mean by that is for instance I do chest on monday then on friday I may throw in a set of dips with whatever else I'm working). I'm now thinking of going old-school for a few months and doing 3 complete body workouts per week, I know its not very 'fashionable' nowadays but I think the drastic change in tempo might produce results.

Please share your thoughts on this topic.

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    Personal experience as time goes on is invaluable so I say why not try it? Only you can determine if it helps you on your goals. I might add if you are doing a 3 day workout instead of all 3 being full body do 2 whole body except legs do them all 1 day. That way you can hit them harder as well as the whole body. But from my own personal experience full body workouts are not the best approach. It may be okay for a beginner to condition ones body. Too much stress on every part of the body will ultimatley stop gains if not rested. I am a firm believer in hitting 1 or 2 at most muscles per workout concentrating on blasting that only muscle. Good luck

Hypertrophy is offline Senior Member
    Do a 3-day power program.
    Power clean
    Push Press
    Power Pulls
    Squats
    Deads
    Bench
    Bent Row
    Tricep Ext
    Bicep Curls
    Do 2 working sets for each.

decadbal is offline Banned
    overall doenst work at all for me

ToJuice,OrNotToJuice is offline Associate Member
    I wouldn't do that do to the soreness factor, when I do legs I can still feel it three days later. I think it would mess with the intensity of my workouts also.

rev911apollyon is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NotSmall
    Due to work the only time I can exercise is first thing in the morning. At present I workout mon, wed, fri and run tues, thurs, sat, sun. My workouts are split into body parts so that I hit each bodypart once a week, some 1 1/2 times (what I mean by that is for instance I do chest on monday then on friday I may throw in a set of dips with whatever else I'm working). I'm now thinking of going old-school for a few months and doing 3 complete body workouts per week, I know its not very 'fashionable' nowadays but I think the drastic change in tempo might produce results.

Please share your thoughts on this topic.
    Dude, you should def. try the doggcrapp program, go to search and type in doggcrapp. Its a good scheme

NotSmall is offline English Rudeboy
    Thanks for the replies guys!

Hypertrophy - Yeah, I'm trying to stick with heavy compound movements but different ones each day for example: mon chest is flat bench, back is wide grip pull-ups, wed chest is weighted dips, back is bent row. And like you say I will stick to around 2 sets per exercise. Have you done anything similar?

rev911apollyon - I have been toying with the idea of DC, and have read everything I could find about it, I think I understand it but would be very interested to see an actual routine from someone who has been successful with it.

Anyone else got anything to add?

Thread Information