IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"

taking a day off

i didnt really get much sleep last night. i feel real lethargig and unmotivated today. Do you think a situation like this, one should just avaoid a bad work out and rest the extra day and have a badass workout the next day? or jus tsuck it up and do it? what do you think

KeyMastur is offline VET
    listen to your body. sometimes it's good to push it, but if you're not feeling up to par, then take another day of rest.

Hypertrophy is offline Senior Member
    I'm taking this whole week off. It is going to be difficult to overload being lethargic and not motivated.

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    Taking a few days off is no big deal and if you are feeling tired/no energy/desire what can you get accomplished working half hazardly?? HOWEVER, many times I feel the same way but manage to get in the gym and start working out slowly or do easy cardio . Many times I find that what happens is I start getting motivated and end up having a great workout. The feeling following the workout is fantastic. Just my 2c
    Last edited by bluethunder; 10-06-2004 at 03:06 PM.

IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"
    you know what, i am going to just take tonight off. i jst dont have it in me today. besides, i did not get much sleep last night. i am sure tomarrow i will go in their and have twice the workout that i would have had today. tomarro, i will perform a personal best at the bench

RedKnight is offline Junior Member
    I tried lifting once after working a full day and when I only got 2 hours of sleep the night before. Big mistake...I felt like a$$ and I had absolutely no energy. If you have an obvious reason why you think you will have a bad workout...don't go. But if its just one of those days where you just don't feel like it, I force myself to go. As Bluethunder said, those are some of the best workouts. You feel unmotivated when you get there.....but after you start lifting....the workout can turn into a great one.

radar1234 is offline Member
    most people who lift dont take enough time off.i usually take a week off every 6 weeks and come back feeling stronger and more refreshed.

Thread Information