Thread: Squats

brocklesner is offline New Member

Squats

What do you guys think of partial reps for squats. I have been trying them but being getting funny looks.

For squats id generally do; 1x25,1x15,1x12,1x10pr,1x10pr

bigol'legs is offline Quadzilla
    I dont like doing partial squats... i look at them as being lazy... and I'd give you looks in the gym 2 for doing them

Aboot is offline Banned
    For strength I love them, but not as a replacement to full squats. If I do them, I do them after squats. But I usually only do them for a few weeks then drop them for a few months. More of a plateau breaker than anything.

se11 is offline Associate Member
    i dont understand here?

wolfyEVH is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigol'legs
    I dont like doing partial squats... i look at them as being lazy... and I'd give you looks in the gym 2 for doing them

ditto.....lighten up the weight and do full ones.....

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    I am a proponent of partial squats, I do them always as I have bad knee's. I will do on the smith machine ultilizing the safety catches at a certain height so if I crumble I will be safe. Partials are only going heavy. I do 425-450lb partials using a belt & knee raps. Many times right after I go straight into db squats with 40-45lbs performing deep seated squats for reps. My legs are not huge but they are very strong and remember I am only between 175-180lbs on a small bone frame 5'6". I bench partials of 405lbs for reps too.

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    Also, they are great for strengthening the connective tissues,tendons & ligaments thus reducing injuries. Partial -reps are advanced so if you are a beginner leave them alone.

nsa
    nsa is offline King of Supplements
    If you don't have knee problems partials are alright. But if you can use a smith machine going low with your feet out in front a little more than they would be in a power rack, your knees would not go over your feet, so your knees shouldn't hurt that bad.

Powrlftr is offline Associate Member
    Partial squats on the power rack are great for increasing back and leg strength and thickness, but do them AFTER you have done your full squats. Heavy partial squats, (100-200 lbs more than your full squat 1RM), are not something you want to do every leg workout unless you like being overtrained. Also I think I get better results doing them 3x6 at around 120-130% of my full gear 1RM.

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    I've never done them. I do plenty variations of the squat but all are full. I do, however, perform Walk Out's every couple of weeks. These I find help my body get used to much heavier weights.

ToJuice,OrNotToJuice is offline Associate Member
    I never do partials, never use the smith machine. There is no replacement for good old free weight squats. If you have bad knees use a weight you are comfortable with and slowly work your weight up.

ripsid is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigol'legs
    What the hell do you know about legs!!!

I say squat and squat right... if you do them do them with 21's and that's it.

SID

Thread Information