Aggression is offline Member

Need exercises for the three heads of the tricep

I'm a little confused about tricep training. I know there are three heads of the tricep, as seen here: http://www.exrx.net/Muscles/TricepsBrachii.html.

So what exercises work what head? So far for my tri workout I'm doing three push down exercises with three different grips: 1) rope push down, 2) reverse (palms up) pushdown, and 3) pushdown with the v-bar. Which part of the tri heads do each of those work?

Hypertrophy is offline Senior Member
    Elbow extension is going to work all three heads. Certains angles put more stress on each head, but I would not concern myself with that. Your t-cep workout is not going to provide an effective stimulus as you are doing three pushdown exercises. You need some variation. Close grip bench, skull crushers, etc. . . .

ToJuice,OrNotToJuice is offline Associate Member
    Hey bro I think that is to many push down exercise, right now I don't even do one. IMO the best tricep lifts are, skull cruchers, straight bar pushdowns, close bench, weighted dips. PM me if you need a sight that will walk you through the excerises.

Aggression is offline Member
    Anyone else? I could really use the info.

needmorestrength is offline Anabolic Member
    think you pretty much heard it man.. cables are great and all.. but close grip with no thumbs puts mass on the tris. and skulls are great too although I recommend doing them only every other week because they are hard on the joints.. then of course dips. cables are good after you've done close grip and dips or skulls

IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"
    close grip, skull crushers, d.b. hammer skull crushers are all i do for tris. those are my rotation ex for dc that i will be starting next week

Thread Information