se11 is offline Associate Member

Men's workout magazine ?

I was by my cousins house before and he's about 15-16. I seen he had a Men's Workout magazine, so I started looking through it(never really checked one out in depth). I seen a lot of interesting workouts and articles. The one I had read had a bunch of workouts saying do "10 reps" of each exercise not giving # of sets or anything. And in all the pics there are well built guys lifting 10-15 pound dumbells. Does anyone else read this magazine, and are those workouts actually any good. They don't appear to be of any real use because all the say is like "10 reps" and how to do the exercise with a pic, but has anyone ever used this mag. Mabye you did when you were around 15-16, mabye it's better for teens to go by this mag, I dunno. Any one know?

fritz2435 is offline Member
    Yes, the magazines are geared towards beginners. Stick with the workouts here in the forums, or make your own based on how well they work for you.

ToJuice,OrNotToJuice is offline Associate Member
    I hate all the mags, all the workouts seem bunk to me. the way i see it the only reason to look through them is to get latest news on the pros, and check out the ladies.

Hypertrophy is offline Senior Member
    Read something worthwhile like an Exercise Physiology book!!

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    Thats the worst magazine for serious bodybuilders period. It is okay for newbies but their articles stink for the most part. Yes ,they do have some valuable infomation along side stupid ones. I stopped my prescription after realizing it. It's a magazine geared to middle & senior age folks.

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    Quote Originally Posted by bluethunder
    Thats the worst magazine for serious bodybuilders period. It is okay for newbies but their articles stink for the most part. Yes ,they do have some valuable infomation along side stupid ones. I stopped my prescription after realizing it. It's a magazine geared to middle & senior age folks.
    Yeah dude, i told the doctor the magazine sucked and he stopped my prescription too...

j/k bro

no, the magazines are useless for people who are not absolute beginners to lifting, and they convince you that you need all kinds of garbage supplements to grow. The only thing theyre good for is motivation from the huge dudes and they have hot girls in some of them.

se11 is offline Associate Member
    i like muscle & fitness for a few reasons, thats the only one im suscribed to

fritz2435 is offline Member
    I subscribed to M&F as well. IMO, Muscle and Fitness (AKA MUSCLETECH CATALOG) is not quality reading.... All of the diets and workouts they give and claim the top pro bodybuilders follow are bogus. Stick to info you find in the forums.

calidude is offline Senior Member
    I stick with Flex.

Chemical King is offline Anabolic Member
    All these magazines are crap cos in every edition they seem to have "the perfect way" to get abs or "the perfect way" to get big arms and crap like that, really it just depends on what works best for you

carbs-rule is offline Associate Member
    I think the mags are a great read, and actually picking one up for the hell of it made me start lifting again. They are so repetitive though.

IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"
    i enjoy reading them. the are fun even though they are mostly full of

mcvays1 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IronReload04
    i enjoy reading them. the are fun even though they are mostly full of
    Pink elephants?

RussianVodka is offline Senior Member
    The mag filled with total BS

IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"
    Quote Originally Posted by mcvays1
    Pink elephants?
    People like this write many articles about . SO to answer your question, yes their are in the magazines

andy78139 is offline New Member
    How many adverts can you fit in a magazine before the mag becomes adverts with some info instead of info with the odd advert. I think the likes of M and F are trying to break a record for advert count! The muscle tech, 4-5 page long jobbies are ridiculous.

I subscribe to flex to keep up on latest contest info etc and to get a bit of motivation to train, although i get more inspired from an arnie pic rather than a jay pic!

Thread Information