Thread: Warming up?

123BJ is offline Associate Member

Warming up?

This may be a stupid question or one that has already been covered in a previous post but...... I have seen guys in the locker room go into the sauna for about 5-10 mins before their workouts. Is this a good way of warming ur muscles? or do u need to do something (like the bike) to get the blood flowing?

ToJuice,OrNotToJuice is offline Associate Member
    I wouldn't ever do that, I have only gotten in a sauna a couple of times, it sucks the energy out of me.

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    Personally at my previous club I did it everytime. Yes, it gets the blood flowing and clears your lungs for deep breathing. I always felt good after and more motivated when I am clean.. If my next gym has it I am definately going to use it. But one word of caution needs addressed make sure you drink water and/or gatorade while you are in there and limit your time to no more than 20minutes.

radar1234 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ToJuice,OrNotToJuice
    I wouldn't ever do that, I have only gotten in a sauna a couple of times, it sucks the energy out of me.
    i agree.tried it once and had a lethargic workout.

123BJ is offline Associate Member
    anybody else have any input on this ??????thanx to those who responded

Hypertrophy is offline Senior Member
    Yes, a warmer muscle is a more elastic muscle. Freeze a rubberband and then stretch it. The result will be a broken rubberband. Take that frozen rubberband and heat it, it will stretch further and be more elastic as compared to the cold one. Also, enzymes function at an optimal temperature.

singern is offline Banned

cardio

I do my cardio in the AM, but I do 10 minutes of moderate treadmill to warm up before my workout. Does wonders..

63190 is offline Anabolic Member
    I just take a bar and do a few 12 reps of the same major lift that I am about to start with. Then I stretch my whole body at 30 seconds per muscle. Then I start out at about 55% of my 1RM for 12 reps. Then I stretch the muscles involved in the lift, my back, and jump up in weight.

Thread Information