Chemical King is offline Anabolic Member

Is It Ok To Lift This Much?

Im not quite sure what the exersize is called but its the one where you have the weight on your shoulders and you stand up then move up and down on your tip toes. My question is about how safe this is mainly due to the presure on the back. I can now lift the whole stack plus more added on top and although I lift this with no problems, I did wonder how it effects the back. I already have red marks on my shoulders because of the weight.

Any advice ?

co2boi is offline Anabolic Member
    Are you talking about toe / calf raises?

partyboynyc is offline Anabolic Member

i have to assume

Quote Originally Posted by Chemical King
    Im not quite sure what the exersize is called but its the one where you have the weight on your shoulders and you stand up then move up and down on your tip toes. My question is about how safe this is mainly due to the presure on the back. I can now lift the whole stack plus more added on top and although I lift this with no problems, I did wonder how it effects the back. I already have red marks on my shoulders because of the weight.

Any advice ?
    you are talking about a standing calve raise machine. if the weight is causing you to lose proper posture in the lumbar region then 1.) you could wear a belt to stabilize your abs as weigth belts support lower back only because they secure your abdomen. or 2.) switch the a leg press if you are concerned about being improper alignment as your strength increase.
    yeah i get the broken blood vessels in the shoulders too!!very unsightly, but i tan so you can't see them really

Pork Chop is offline Member
    This is great if you're getting ready for physio - not a good idea.

Seated calf raised are more efficient and just as productive.

partyboynyc is offline Anabolic Member

seated

Quote Originally Posted by Pork Chop
    This is great if you're getting ready for physio - not a good idea.

Seated calf raised are more efficient and just as productive.
    are gonan be more soleus and less gastro. suprisingly , i feel i am able to transfer the load with proper mind muscle connection throughout both on the leg press.takes some concentration, but the more i have intuned my mind into my calves training the more development i have had over the past 3 months with the leg press

dr.shred is offline Senior Member
    Change up your calf routine. You don't always have to do standing heel raises. Plus if you continue to do the same thing over and over your body is going to get used to it and as a result you will make no gains. There are a number of calf workouts you can do besides standing calf raises.

Hypertrophy is offline Senior Member
    I see no harm, as long as your form is correct. It will build BMD.
    Seated Calf raises works the soleus primarily because it is a two joint muscle and it is stressed when the knee is bent. The gastrocnemius is more stressed when doing standing calf raises because it is a one joint muscle.

se11 is offline Associate Member
    standing calf raises. there great for calves.

decadbal is offline Banned
    red marks on your shoulders...lol take this as a friend to another... stop being such a pussy, if your not strong enough to do it, you wont be able to...

Quote Originally Posted by Decadbal
    red marks on your shoulders...lol take this as a friend to another... stop being such a pussy, if your not strong enough to do it, you wont be able to...
    i swear you made a topic asking what would sooth the red marks on your shoulders like last month deca , hypocrite.....

Psychotron is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chemical King

Any advice ?
    just get a belt, and yea the busted blood vessells are lame, they stay there for like 4 days for me.

Thread Information