jeffsz28 is offline Associate Member

should i take a week off?

Pulled a muscle in my wrist/ forearm lifting heavy stuff at work with one head instead of using both of my hands. that was sunday and i have lifted so far m-f this week. its pretty sore/weak when i do anything even when i dropped down to 45-50lb free weights instead of the bar for arms. so should i take a week off to let it rest? i can force the weight up but don't have enough strength or control to go real heavy again... what ya think

Thanks

anaBROLIC is offline Only The Strong Survive
    dont force it, it will make it worse.. the bad part about that is that the wrists/forearms are basically used for every body part in your upper body.. id say you should take the week off from upperbody and work legs and do some cardio.. stay active, but rest it..

jeffsz28 is offline Associate Member
    hey thanks- hey sounds like a plan to me. at my job i'm always lifting heavt stuff 8 or more hrs a day so some rest wouldn't hurt it. atleast my staying active and my bidy is still getting a workout.

dr.shred is offline Senior Member
    Go on how you feel. If the pain is unbearable then it would not be worth making it worse. I would get some wrist wraps and like jeffsz said work on the legs and cardio and rest the wrist for a week

ImmmtheIceman is offline Senior Member
    take a week off. makes sense when you hurt yourself and igves your muscles time to recover

Thread Information