Thread: Back problem

UberSoldat is offline Junior Member

Back problem

I noticed when I am doing most of the exercises while snatding..my back hurts when doing heavier weights. For example... Standing bicep curls with dumbbell or bar.. when Im lifting it I keep my body still and tight so only amrs move...its fine when Im doing up to 35 LBs on one arm. As soon as I go over to like 45+ Lbs per arm ...my back really hurts after about 4th rep. When I put the weights down.. I can feel the pain for about 3 - 5 seconds after. Same with stanging military ...or even sitting military.. Is my lower back jsut too weak ..and cant keep up with the rest of my body ? I need some good advice on that ..and some great lower back workouts. Its a lower back that I am talking about here. I remember I had similar problem with my chest and shoulders... When I was doing some of the chect workouts using heavy weights...my shoulders started to hurt and just got tired ..even b4 I started to feel my chest.. I focused more on my shoulders and now its fine... but again..its a similar situation...but with the lower back now. Please gimme some advices..

Thanks a lot !

-Lucas

KeyMastur is offline VET
    yeah, i'd definitely start up on a low back program - use the physio balls.

also, start doing your abs more - especially the lower ones.

ImmmtheIceman is offline Senior Member
    I have a herniated disk and I know what thats like

Powrlftr is offline Associate Member
    Wear a belt when you do biceps or military presses. I used to be able to curl 100 lb dumbells with strick form for a couple reps. I stopped doing them heavy for a few months and I just jumped back into it, and when I got to the 80's I compressed a disk. I use a belt now if I do heavy standing dumbbell or barbell curls.

AnabolicBoy1981 is offline Anabolic Member
    Do you deadlift? You should. Or try back extensions with weight or good mornings to build those spinal erectors. And yes, get your abs in shape as well.

Sorry fellas gotta disagree on the belt. All the research indicates that wearing a belt
    to work-out actually weakens the lower back. Only good use for a belt is serious
    power lifters. I know I have had back surgery from a football injury so staying current
    on these issues is REAL important to me. Deadlifts at a very light weight for hi reps
    is acceptable but there are other excercises just as if not mre efficient. Ab work
    is definately key. REMEBER THO if you are feeling pain it is probably because
    something is wrong. Get it checked ASAP. Trust me dont **** with the back.
    JMO........

radar1234 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMondodondo
    Sorry fellas gotta disagree on the belt. All the research indicates that wearing a belt
    to work-out actually weakens the lower back. Only good use for a belt is serious
    power lifters. I know I have had back surgery from a football injury so staying current
    on these issues is REAL important to me. Deadlifts at a very light weight for hi reps
    is acceptable but there are other excercises just as if not mre efficient. Ab work
    JMO........
    can i see this research??

UberSoldat is offline Junior Member
    Thanks a lot guys. I will check my back this week. Than if everything is ok. Ill just add some lower back exercises to my workout program. I hope there is nothing wrong with my back.

Thanks!

-Lucas

Powrlftr is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMondodondo
    JMO........
    Well that's true if you use a belt ALL of the time, you won't build up the necessary core strength, it won't weaken your spinae erectors or abdominals, but they won't get strong and protect your spine from injury. I was suggesting that he puts the belt on when the weight gets heavy to give extra support when he needs it.
    IMO heavy biceps training is one of the most dangerous exercises for your back. It's a radial movement so it is putting stress on your back from various angles, and the weight is put far out infront of your body halfway through which puts alot of stress on the back too.

Talk to any spine doctor that is familiar with Sport Training. Like was said before the
    use of a belt hinders the core from strenghthening. If you have a weak back you are
    better off staying lighter until the core is strenghtened. This is my opinion I am NOT
    a doctor. But, this is what was explained to me by the Director of Spinal Trauma
    at Cedars Sinai.

Thread Information