dr.shred is offline Senior Member

cell phones at gyms

Lately I see a lot of people at the gym carrying on in conversations on their cell-phones. First of all if your own your cell phone at the gym obviously your priority is not lifting. These people shouldn't even bother going to gym...they should stay home, lay on the couch, talk on their cell phones all day, eat potato chips, and look like s**t because they are never gonna make any gains at the gym until they make it their priority and leave their cell-phones in their cars.

-SHRED

Yeah im with you on that bro, although sometimes i need to get in the gym and am waiting on an important call, i usually just bring it in and take the call outside.

ToJuice,OrNotToJuice is offline Associate Member
    i am with you, they should be left at home, but some people are always doing business, at least they are trying to get their gym time in. Not everyone is in there to try and get swole.

I can see if your waiting for an important call, but really whats the value of gym of your casually talking on your phone the whole time?

anaBROLIC is offline Only The Strong Survive
    Ya that **** bothers me too.. leave it in your locker..

We have a guy whos on his phone every single day, like clockwork. We call him "hollywood."

Mighty Joe is offline Anabolic Member
    I saw a guy yesterday with the earpeice in his ear while doing curls! Very impressive 11" guns too!!!!!!!!!!

MJ

no s**t right....the funny thing is that do you see any really jacked guys on thier phones...NO...do you see any guys that look good on their phones...NO...just goes to show you that people who look good lift hard and don't even think about talking on their phones while they are lifting. All your concentration should be put into lifting. I mean if you can go 1 hour without talking on your phone to lift then shouldn't even waste your money on a gym membership.

calidude is offline Senior Member
    Most of the time I agree with you, but I am an adminstrator and my office is open 7 days a week. My staff needs to get a hold of me all hours of the day. I get calls from 7am-10pm. It sucks but sometimes I have to do it. Usually though I can get away with sending emails from my phone. If i do jump on it, it is only for a minute. But I can't stand the people when I walk in they are on the phone and when I leave they are on the same call. Its a waste of space and time waiting for them to get off the machine/bench.

ImmmtheIceman is offline Senior Member
    I agree except for those occasional times when you need your phone for an important phone call. I did it for the first tiem in months last week and i felt like "that guy".

1-Cent is offline Anabolic Member
    Cell phones should be banned in gyms imo, not just because its annoying but they've all got those **** cameras on them now. I saw one guy playing with his cell phone in the locker room once and wanted to smash it on the ground, I don't like the idea of my bare ass winding up on someones PC

calidude is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1-Cent
    Cell phones should be banned in gyms imo, not just because its annoying but they've all got those **** cameras on them now. I saw one guy playing with his cell phone in the locker room once and wanted to smash it on the ground, I don't like the idea of my bare ass winding up on someones PC
    Too late

TheGame826 is offline Member
    i once dropped a 45 pound plate on this guys cell phone.. he was real cool about it. i felt bad though. moral of the story.... leave your phone in the car and it wont get smashed.

decadbal is offline Banned
    i have noticed i make my best gains when i dont pay attention to the other ppl in the gym..... TRY IT..

singern is offline Banned

Work out at home...

Just one more good reason to work out at home

The Dynasty is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by singern
    Just one more good reason to work out at home

Sorry, bro, but I don't agree with that at all. It's all about focus. I'm a college student currently on a six-month internship, and I've structured my workouts at around a 4 day split. Before work, I wake up at 5 in the morning to do my morning cardio (45 mins to an hour) and after work I hit the weights for no longer than an hour. I get in there, pop on the ear phones to my discman, and its all business. The only time I talk to another person is when I need a spot on my last set. Focus. That's what its all about. I dont know about any of you guys, but the gym isn't the coolest place to "hang out". I go in there because my mission is to keep my body in tip-top shape--that's it. No BS. Get in. Get out.

Heck, wouldn't working out at home have more distractions????? The phone, kids, wife, TV, neighbors.

To each, their own. I love the gym. Seeing other hardcore people work out just puts me in the zone even more.

fritz2435 is offline Member
    It often depends on what kind of gym you go to. At health clubs and community centers, there are often more recreational lifters, but at gyms like Golds, Lords, and Powerhouse, it's more hardcore.

Soldier of Misfortune is offline Senior Member
    Its still funny to watch morons between sets.

singern is offline Banned
    [QUOTE=The Dynasty]
    Heck, wouldn't working out at home have more distractions????? The phone, kids, wife, TV, neighbors.QUOTE]

Not at all. I have all my equipment in the basement. Its a pretty sweet setup. Stereo, mirrors, treadmill, and of cource a **** load of weights. The kids know when Im down there its like Im not home. And my wife likes it because Im at home.

But like we say to each his/her own.

craneboy is offline Senior Member
    some ppl still think cell phones are cool. personally mine doesn't weigh enough to use at the gym

Sir Lifts-a-lot is offline Senior Member
    **** all you guys and cell phones. Don't have one and never really wanted one. If you are really trying to get ahold of me then you will find a way. My parents tried to get me one a while back when they first came out when I was a senior in high school but I never used the thing. I got a house phone, and a work phone and everyone around me has one so why not use theirs for a call if I really really need one.

Sir Lifts-a-lot is offline Senior Member
    On a side note remember pagers. My friend had one of those and they were so **** useless. All they did was inform you that someone was trying to get ahold of you and you couldn't do anything about it.

My boy had one and whenever he was over and got a page he would always be like "Yo, let me get at the house phone... I got a page."

Sorry for this being a little off topic but just thought of it.

Maraxus is offline Banned
    unfortunately I have to carry my phone at work because of my business, but that thing is always on vibrate, and I only pick up the call if its absolutely necessary.

Thread Information