justin2305 is offline Senior Member

Question need help on calves????plz

aight bros i need some help here on my ******* calves i work my ass off in the gym and everything seems to get big but my calves i mean there getting there but iono i just need a lil advice on how many days to train them out of the week and what kinda exersises to do for them if yall have ne advice for me that would be great... thanks a bunch

capone_22 is offline Junior Member
    bump, my calves are in desparate need as well!!!

needmorestrength is offline Anabolic Member
    read a lot of articles that say everyday. IMO 3 * a week.. best excercise IMO.. stand on the back of the incline bench.. on the platform. stand as wide as possible.. toes are the only thing on the platform.. then go all the way down until heels hit the ground then all the way up.. do about 20-30.. then do narrow.. feet right together... find it amazin!!!

cb25 is offline Banned
    my calves have always responded best to a combo of weight training and plyometrics....

i go heavy, and through a full range of motion on all exercises...then on another day, i'll do plyos. good stuff right there.

nathanw21 is offline Member
    my calfs suck too. i can squat 600 but my calfs are sticks. i dont knwo what is up!!?? i am just going to keep workign them they got to grow sometime!!

Jackman is offline Banned
    with most people i have seen with small calfs work there ass off to get them bigger with no luck. i have realy big calfs and have worked them maybe 5 times in my life. Think calfs are the genetic muscle hehe

josh8416 is offline Associate Member
    ya i agree, ive seen people work them out for 3 years straight and you cant even see there calf, its all about genetics!!!

Sir Lifts-a-lot is offline Senior Member
    There was a really really great post on here earlier this year about how to get great calves. It was a work out designed for skiers but was tweaked for bodybuilding and it was intense to say the least. It was a 3 day routine that hit short/heavy sets, and long/light sets.

I will see if I can find it on here, or if any of you other bros know what I'm talking about can you throw it up here.

Thread Information